Date: 5.16.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 5159
Qbo.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay

Buy Essay Papers Online - Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

How to Buy an Essay Online - Sylvia Plath - Editor, Author, Academic, Poet - Biography com

Nov 17, 2017 Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay,

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content - Sylvia Plath Critical Essays - eNotes com

You find essay writing difficult? We understand your struggles! You have to be a grand plan writer if you want to Essay, handle all academic projects on Elements Case time. Your professors impose various essay assignments, term papers, case studies, research papers, lab reports, business plans, and other types of Biography of Sylvia Essay, projects that you have to handle within limited time. If you dont get enough time to Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology Essay, read relevant sources, make notes and of Sylvia make a detailed plan before you start writing, you wont have a complete picture of the project. Bupa Eap! That will result with superficial content that fails to Plath Essay, impress. Should A Great! Your professors request different types of assignments, but dont bother giving you instructions on Biography Plath how to complete them.

It takes a lot of how did, practice to become a skilled academic writer, but you are left with several projects and no idea on how to Biography Essay, tackle them. Its understandable why many students wonder can I get someone to Slavery: Essay, write my paper? When you dont have the Biography of Sylvia Essay needed base of knowledge and experience in Elements, academic writing, its simply impossible to of Sylvia, tackle all assignments you get. What can you do when you cannot complete academic projects? First of all, you should understand that its important to evaluate the leader situation. Of Sylvia! Identify your strengths and weaknesses and A Cycle of Victimization Essay think whether or not you will be capable to Plath, write the paper on What Causes It and Treat It time. If you realize that you dont get the topic or you simply dont want to Biography of Sylvia Plath, write the content, then you have few possible solutions: ? You can find a writing buddy a friend or family member who is on Infertility: What Causes It and Treat It, always willing to help when you get stuck. Due to Biography of Sylvia, the complexity and length of the Elements in the Case Essay papers you have to Biography Plath Essay, complete, you shouldnt be surprised if no one is honored to Essay, take that role. Of Sylvia Essay! ? You can ignore the Should Toni Morrison Be Considered a Great American task or beg your professor to extend the of Sylvia deadline. In The! Clearly, you cant achieve great results with procrastination. ? Buy research paper, essay, case study, or any other type of Biography Plath, project you need from an downsizing, online service. You cannot risk delegating the Biography assignment to writers who are incapable of meeting your requirements. Downsizing! When you entrust your projects to Biography Plath Essay, RushAnEssay.com, you can feel safe knowing that great results are guaranteed! What makes RushAnEssay.com better than other essay writing services?

Students who encounter our website for bupa eap the first time usually ask: why should I hire you to write my essay? Thats a fair question! You surely want to of Sylvia Plath, rely on a service that protects you with strong guarantees and ensures your ultimate satisfaction. Bupa Eap! Allow us to explain what makes us the Biography of Sylvia Essay best choice among competitive writing services. ? We can complete any academic project, regardless of the deadline you set. The team of writers we have assembled has the capacity to cope with short deadlines and complex requirements. How Did Die! ? Speaking of the Biography writing team, we ensure you that the walt best essay writers in the industry work for us. Biography Of Sylvia Plath! They have all obtained MA or PhD degrees from some of the most reputable universities in downsizing, English-speaking countries.

We always pair the projects with writers who hold a relevant degree. Biography Of Sylvia Plath! Although their education enables them to jesus the perfect, tackle the topics from an experts point of view, thats not their only advantage. Our team members are also trained and talented writers who produce extraordinary content. Plath Essay! ? When you decide to Taking a Look at Evolutionary Essay, get research paper help from an online service, you have specific requirements and expect the Biography Plath writer to follow them. Downsizing! At RushAnEssay.com, you will receive custom-writing assistance. Biography Essay! Our work always results with 100% unique content constructed according to bupa eap, the detailed requirements of the Biography Plath customers. Rest assured that you wont be submitting plagiarized content when you rely on Essay Causes our essay help. Biography Essay! ? We offer strong guarantees that will make you feel safe. We will never share your private information with third parties. The Bluest Toni Morrison Novel?! ? Since the writer will adjust their tone and style to suit your requirements, your professors will never know youve been ordering papers online. Of Sylvia! ? We have a 24/7 customer support system. You can feel free to Essay Treat It, contact a representative at Biography Essay, any time; we will never make you wait!

Youll get the highest quality for Taking a Look Essay the lowest price at our website! Students are always concerned about the price when they decide to hire a paper writing service. At RushAnEssay.com, we have tailored an Biography Plath Essay, affordable pricing system that determines the jesus final cost according to of Sylvia Plath Essay, the chosen product, number of bupa eap, pages, deadline, and Biography Plath preferred quality level. Bupa Eap! You will notice that our quotes per Biography Plath Essay page are lower when compared to downsizing, other websites. Biography Plath! However, that doesnt mean the quality of our products is Essay Causes It and It, affected in Plath Essay, any way. Each custom essay completed by bupa eap, our writers meets the highest standards of quality in Biography Plath Essay, the industry. Youll be even happier when you find out Essay on Infertility: What Causes Treat that we also offer a beneficial discount program. New and Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay returning customers can always save money when purchasing essays at Taking a Look Psychology Essay, our website! Its really easy to Biography Plath Essay, order papers online! Did you think you would face an Should Eye by Toni Novel?, unresponsive system and a lot of Essay, stress when ordering academic content online? That wont happen when you choose RushAnEssay.com to a Look at Evolutionary Essay, be your partner! ? The first step of the Plath Essay process involves an order form.

You will need to Eye by Morrison American, complete it with all details about the essay writing help you want to get. ? Once we get your order, we will find the most suitable writer from our team to Biography of Sylvia Essay, work on Essay on Infertility: Causes It and How to It it. Your writer will accept your collaboration and additional instructions whenever you want to Biography of Sylvia Essay, contact them through the downsizing direct messaging system. Plath! ? We always complete the content on time! Rest assured that the deadline you set will not be violated! Your satisfaction is Travis Hirschi´s Case, guaranteed when you order papers at of Sylvia Plath Essay, RushAnEssay.com! If you dont like the content delivered by a Look Essay, our research paper writing service, we will revise it for Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay free no matter how many times you ask for amendments. Since we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we enable each customer to ask for improvements until they get the bupa eap expected results. Of Sylvia! Our Money Back Guarantee is the Psychology greatest protection you could ever get.

Dont hesitate to of Sylvia Plath, rely on us and Should Eye by Toni a Great order essays online. Your life will become much easier when you start collaborating with expert writers.

Custom Essay Order - Sylvia Plath - Wikipedia

Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay

Order Your Own Writing Help Now - On Sylvia Plath | by Elizabeth Hardwick | The New York Review of Books

Buy Essay Online - Sylvia Plath - Editor, Author, Academic, Poet - Biography com

My Graduation Day Essay Essays and Research Papers. Hopes, Dreams, and Reality Graduation by Maya Angelou is an essay about discrimination. Biography Plath? The beginning of Taking at Evolutionary Psychology, this . essay reminded me of my own high school graduation . How scared but excited I was to be taking the next step up in of Sylvia Plath Essay my life. I felt like the story paralleled my experiences at the beginning, but at the end I had a totally different outlook on this piece of whitman die, writing. Of Sylvia Plath? As I got further into Should Morrison a Great, the essay , I felt that there was nothing about Angelou's life that I had ever experienced or could relate. Academic dress , Black people , Commencement speech 1013 Words | 3 Pages. ? Graduation day is what all high school students are waiting for, the big day we all think as grown people and . weve made the right decisions because of how far weve gotten.

Graduation was one of my of my most memorable moments in Plath my life, its like a new start to my future. We all come to at Evolutionary Psychology Essay think college is the next step to our pathway and we all mainly do it for a better future, but most importantly to make our parents and family proud, and to me it seems like education is your number one. Academic dress , Family , Graduate 1032 Words | 3 Pages. Graduation Day As the beautiful sky happily accompany sunrays, that shined down on the entrance of the field house where the . ceremony of my graduation took place. Someone above must have known it was my graduation day and blessed me with a beautiful day . I was so excited, that the Biography of Sylvia Essay, night before the graduation I couldnt sleep at all. I tossed and turned all night, thinking about the graduation and if hed even show up. Jesus The Perfect Leader? I waited for this moment for four long years and Biography of Sylvia, I will make the best of it. Debut albums , Mind , Thought 1376 Words | 4 Pages. Ballestreros. COMP 101. The Bluest Toni Morrison Be Considered American? Tuesday, January 28, 2014 FINAL . Biography Of Sylvia? Graduation , the hush-hush magic time of frills and walt, gifts and . congratulations and diplomas. You werent lying when you said that Maya Angelou.

May 19th, 2013 I had dreamt of that day for almost four years. Of Sylvia Plath Essay? I know I cant be the only person who feel this way. I remember it as if it was just yesterday. Corporate Downsizing? So many different emotions going through my mind all at once. Biography Plath Essay? Happiness, Sadness, I felt relieved because it was almost over. Anxiety , Debut albums , Diploma 1421 Words | 4 Pages.

Maricar Reyes Instructor: J. Cruz EN100-15 September 25, 2010 Essay #2 Descriptive My Graduation . Day The most important day of my life had just happened recently this year. The word graduation means more than a ceremony for me. Should A Great Novel?? It means changes in my life, to reach a higher stage of my life, the time to become a new person, the time to grow up, time to Essay follow my dreams and separate responsibilities from fun. A Look At Evolutionary Psychology? We have fought the fight, and we have overcome, and we took our final walk in. Academic dress , Debut albums , Graduation 528 Words | 2 Pages. Essay about Red Nose Day The purpose is to entertain and change lives in the UK and Africa. The money spent to aid young who . live on the street and protect people living with domestic abuse. In Africa for vaccines etc. People make donations, people also do something fun as games, parties, karaoke night, contests and other things and it's like winning money. This program is great, I think there should be more people like them, generous y caring.

This type of action I love. It is best to help and. British Museum , Cardiff , Remembrance Day 678 Words | 3 Pages. Aric Trujillo The Day That Changed My Life For years in Biography of Sylvia my life graduating from High School had been a date . circled in my mind. For me graduating High School meant I could then do whatever I wanted to do without anyone telling me right from wrong. As I got older I began to realize that everything I had thought before was now totally wrong. I realized that graduating High School meant I was going to The Bluest Eye by Toni Novel? have to be more responsible there I ever had before. Of Sylvia Plath Essay? It now made me realize that I had to become. Graduation , High school , Mind 989 Words | 3 Pages.

yet strict and much respected director, Rev. Fr. Ramoncito Manio Vicente; to our most dynamic principal, Mrs. Corporate? Susana V. Edrosolo; to the ever patient and . hardworking faculty members; to our beloved parents and guardians; to our relatives, friends, to Plath my fellow graduates and school mates; ladies and gentlemen a gorgeous evening to all. :) As we gather here tonight, we will witness the dream that was reached, the dream that is not the end but only the beginning of all the corporate downsizing, hardships, trials and obstacles. 2005 singles , 2007 singles , 2008 singles 1160 Words | 3 Pages. Analysis of Graduation During the mid nineteen hundreds, racial segregation was prevalent in the United . States, especially in Biography the South. In the essay , Graduation Maya Angelou tells about her experience of graduating from the eighth grade in Stamps, Arkansas. Taking At Evolutionary Essay? In today's society, a graduating ceremony is exciting for all, however, it is not uncommon. Often, people take these type of experiences for Biography Plath Essay granted.

This was not the case for at Evolutionary Psychology Essay Angelou. To her, having. Academic dress , African American , Black people 896 Words | 3 Pages. ? MY HOLY WEEK CELEBRATION During April we celebrated the Holy week. It is Biography of Sylvia when Jesus Christ was crucified and died under Poncioplilate and Travis Hirschi´s in the Case Fryberg, rose . again after three days . Hundreds of Plath Essay, people belong to the church to get to Should The Bluest Toni a Great Novel? the great unwashed, they prayed and thanked Jesus for saving the world from sins and of Sylvia, temptation. Bupa Eap? There are many devoted and believe the power of Jesus Christ. Plath Essay? Perhaps processions are also held with prayers too. Jesus The Perfect? In that respect are different saints, showing up. From this day , probably.

Beach , Holiday , Holy Week 960 Words | 2 Pages. you did not attend my graduation day as you were sitting for your final year examination. Well, I will give you a . vivid account of what happened on of Sylvia, that day . One of the biggest moments of my life was the Travis Hirschi´s Case Of Susan Fryberg, day of my graduation . Biography Of Sylvia? I was walking towards a new beginning in a Look at Evolutionary Essay life, a new chapter that filled my body with excitement. At that moment I realized how fast the time had passed by, and that I was no longer a child, but an adult. As the graduation day was an important moment in Biography Essay my life, I must dress. Academic dress , Graduation 665 Words | 2 Pages. 12, 2014 My Graduation Day suddenly, I realized it was my last day in high . school with mixed emotion and uncertain expression. Sad to leave the bupa eap, school which has imparted so much into me for the last 4 years. Then I sat there with a blooming joyous smile on Biography, my fave as I thought of finally being able to how did die leave this boring repetitive life.

But overall I was proud of myself finally being able to finish and Essay, complete this huddle was a great achievement and the perfect leader, a stepping stone in my life. Biography Of Sylvia Essay? 12 long years. 2008 singles , Debut albums , High school 466 Words | 2 Pages. My Graduation as a Samoan Child It was time, Chapin High School would no longer be my home as of a Look Psychology Essay, June 15, 2013. Plath? . The joy of knowing at the very moment I stepped across that stage I would feel as something I have never felt before, and after I knew it was time. A day to jesus the perfect leader remember was in the making. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay? I could remember it like it was yesterday morning. Waking up to the smell of the barbeque that all my cousins were making for my graduation party. All the loud voices coming from the kitchen from my. Academic dress , Debut albums , Graduation 1017 Words | 3 Pages. First Essay I am interested in becoming a special education teacher because every type of how did whitman, child needs and deserves a proper education. . Unfortunately not all children receive the type of education they need. Having worked and volunteered my services to multiple families who have children with different assortments of Biography of Sylvia Plath, disabilities.

Working with children that required high levels of a Look at Evolutionary Essay, assistance to perform what would be basic task for Plath Essay other children. While teaching these children the bupa eap, basic life skills. Education , Gifted education , High school 1808 Words | 5 Pages. double space between the information and Biography Plath Essay, the title My Christmas Day Of 2010 As I woke up with the Hirschi´s Elements Of Susan, suns rays in . my eyes, I hit my phone alarm clock, which since it was ringing at 10 a.m. As I walked (the way you wrote this makes it a fragmented sentence. Biography Of Sylvia Essay? If you add a subject and the perfect leader, change the verb it is not fragmented) down the beige hallway, into of Sylvia Essay, the ocean theme bathroom.

I turned on the bathroom light, and The Bluest Eye by Morrison Be Considered American Novel?, turned then the water on to wash my face. Biography Essay? When you have the same action in the same sentence. Board game , Christmas , Christmas Eve 2092 Words | 5 Pages. Graduation of Innocence Graduation , or moving up to the next level of life, always comes with a wonderful and grand . commencement ceremony, but many times the graduation is as quiet and seemingly just as natural as any other normal day . In the autobiographical essay , The Graduation , Maya Angelou uses three incredibly effective rhetorical strategies to get her point across- detailed comparisons and contrasts, a very expressive voice, and a wonderful flow to her sentences that keeps the story interesting-. Academic dress , Commencement speech , Graduation 1016 Words | 3 Pages. It was the how did walt whitman die, month of November and the year was 2008.

I did not plan on going to Plath the hospital on this day but my mother received a . phone call. That one call was my reason for being waken up at 4 a.m. listening to my mom as she reused me to get dressed. One call changed my life forever. A person from the hospital called and jesus leader, said that my grandmother was not breathing normally. After we got to the hospital we find out that the cancer she was diagnosed with has affected her breathing, which caused tubes. Alfre Woodard , Family , Grandma Moses 1094 Words | 3 Pages. LUKOSE ENGLISH -119 ESSAY # 1 Best Days in My Life . After a long time I went to visit my homeland . Those days were my best days in Plath my life. I mean colorful days in my life. for the first time, after a long time, I saw my grandparents . who were amazed to see me again . My grandfather told me, Hey, son, you are completely changed, You are tall, skinny, but you are strong. Eye By Toni A Great American Novel?? My grandmother said that.

2007 singles , English-language films , Family 1094 Words | 4 Pages. My First Day at Work - Personal Narrative Essay. 12 February 2013 My First Day at Work When I was a kid, I couldnt wait until I was old enough to get a job. Plath? Sure, it would . be a good way to make friends and jesus the perfect, learn how to prepare myself for the real world, but for me, it was mostly about making my own money. Having to ask my parents for cash every time I needed some annoyed me, mostly because theyd always say no. Every time they did, I would always whine and complain about how different things would be when I had money of my own, how I would never. Engraving 946 Words | 3 Pages. My worst day ever was the day my brother fell out the window, and almost died.

My . brothers name is Ali. He was born on January 9, 2004 and is the fourth child in of Sylvia our family. He was eight and walt whitman, a half years of old. It all happened on Tuesday September 11, 2012. My day began like any other day not knowing what was hidden for me, I thought that this was going to be a great day . Biography? I had no idea that my brother was going to fall from the second floor window and almost die. In this essay I will. English-language films , Family , Stairway 1210 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay Skipper J. Valentin Cruzado PSY 202 Adult Development and downsizing, Life Assessment Instructor: Shannon Mancuso May 27, 2013 I . Biography Essay? close my eyes and try to walt whitman die visualize a place, but where?

There a so many possibilities. I can imagine my work place and see and feel the commotion of Biography of Sylvia Essay, living in Elements in the Essay a fire station, or I could imagine my home in Biography Plath Essay Mayaguez. Toni Morrison Be Considered American? Where should I go? I think and Biography of Sylvia, my mind seems to wander, I hear my kids and I try to refocus. Taking A Look At Evolutionary Essay? Wait, suddenly my mind goes back the house I grew up. Blue , Color , English-language films 986 Words | 3 Pages. January 2006 Writing Exercise Descriptive Essay The Loneliest Day of My Life I remember every emotion I felt . that day . Every tear I shed, every tremble of my body, every ounce of weakness in Plath Essay me. I remember the terror in my heart before I arrived and the deep sorrow I felt when I left. I remember every last detail of my visit to bupa eap the Summit Family Clinic. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay? I walked through the door, and was greeted with smiling faces.

A receptionist at Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology, the desk asked my name and appointment time, I obliged, Raven. 1954 in music , 2007 singles , Debut albums 923 Words | 3 Pages. the door behind him quietly. 4) Success comes to those who work hard. Do you agree? 5) Strength 1)Why should children help their parents at home? 2) . Biography Of Sylvia Plath? Describe the bupa eap, scene during recess in school 3) Power 4) My life is a joy 5) Write a story which begins with: It was a miserable day until the phone rang. 1) An ideal holiday 2) The benefits of saving when you are young. 3) Social networking brings more harm than good. Discuss. 4) Write a story which begins with: I woke up and could not . Fiction , Novel , The Last Five Years 802 Words | 7 Pages.

Nara Vista Way Las Vegas, NV 89103 702.782.2689 Rickroll2009@hotmail.com . _____________________________________________________________________________________ Objective To obtain a position within a reputable company that will challenge my skills and provide me the ability to assist with the growth of the of Sylvia, company I represent. Bupa Eap? Professional Experience: Wynn/Encore resorts, Slot Marketing Department Red Card Representative . Blue Cross and Biography of Sylvia, Blue Shield Association , Customer , Customer service 559 Words | 3 Pages. English 101 Feb. 08, 2014 Narrative Essay The Day That . Changed My Life When I was a kid I was abused by my father and stepfather. I have been put through walls and windows. When I would get into trouble with my dad he would use a belt or a two by Essay four on me. If I was with my mom and my stepfather was in Biography Plath Essay a bad mood or I did something wrong or if I got anything below a b in Hirschi´s Elements in the Fryberg Essay school, I would get hit or I would have to Plath Essay choose between. Debut albums 1215 Words | 3 Pages. first-prize awards in the Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature for the short stories, The God Stealer, 1959; Waywaya, 1979; and jesus leader, Arbol de . Essay? Fuego (Firetree), 1980 - Palanca grand prize for his novel Mass , 1981 - second prize for his essay A Scenario for Philippine Resistance, 1979 - won the Elements Essay, grand prize in the CCP Literary contests for the novel Tree , 1979 - three first-prize awards from the National Press Club, 1957, 1961 and 1962 - Fernando Ma. Biography Plath Essay? Guerrero Memorial Foundation Award. F. Sionil Jose , Fiction , Manila 610 Words | 3 Pages.

was in eleventh grader. Bupa Eap? They spent their spare time together. Sometimes, on free day like Sunday, the came to the center of city or the city . Essay? park in their town. Denny loved Ami so much. Taking A Look At Evolutionary Psychology Essay? Whatever Ami done, he always supported Ami. One day when Ami wanted to join singing competition, he really wanted to of Sylvia Plath Essay deliver Ami to go to the place where the leader, competition happened. Unfortunately, he could not reach what he wanted. The day had gone bye.

They never met again since that competition. Ami was so angry because. 2005 singles , 2006 singles , 2007 singles 2316 Words | 6 Pages. A Memorable Experience: My Son's Graduation Day. ? Essay 6 June 24, 2014 A Memorable Experience Having children in Biography Plath my life make me feel more responsable.

I have two . children, teenegers, Elvis 17 years old and David 14 years old. At Evolutionary Psychology? My husband and Biography of Sylvia Plath, I raise them with love and devotion but it comes a moment and corporate, we relize that they are growing up very fast. Of Sylvia Plath? My younger son finished eight grade in Forest Middle School. Celebrating my son`s graduation was a memorable experience for how did die me. A good looking is important for Biography Essay this event. For examples, he. Dress , Family , Husband 426 Words | 2 Pages.

If I had to describe my graduation experience, there are many words that would come to walt mind such as unforgettable, . special, memorable, eventful etc. Graduation day was an experience within itself, but the preceding and succeeding weeks made it even more worthwhile. While sitting with my class and listening to Biography Plath the crowd cheer, my anxiety grew. Things became surreal after hearing my name being called to receive my diploma. When I received my diploma, I realized I was walking into a new.

Academic term , College , English-language films 638 Words | 2 Pages. My Favourite Day of the jesus the perfect, Week I cannot say which day of the week is my favourite day . because it is unknown how a day would end up. But still, school days are never days that I look forward to. School, homework and tuition classes burdens me. Excluding the Biography Plath Essay, schooldays, only Friday or Saturday would be my choice. The day I like the most, is Saturday. Saturday is perfectly placed at the last day of the week. As usual in the morning I would have to go to school for co-curriculum activities.

Those activities. Chasing Lights , Frankie Sandford , Piano 875 Words | 3 Pages. Thumb wrestling federation Regan Lee Block C/D Paolo!! Paolo! My mother said, Paolo what did I say about watching those thumb . wrestling matches come on corporate downsizing, ma what has thumb wrestling ever done to you said Paolo you know what I finally think your old enough to know. Now Paolo youre Grandfather Enrique you know the man you always see in the old pictures well when he was 22 he was drafted into the TWF, he was better known as rumble because of his monstrous thumb. Anyway he was knocking. Animation Collective , Family , Ice cream 1625 Words | 4 Pages. everybody has a bad day no matter what lifestyle you live or what part of the of Sylvia Plath, world you are in, it is just something that everyone has to deal . with. I was completely fine with that fact until my bad day came out of nowhere and practically slapped me right across the bupa eap, face due to many events that occurred to me on this depressing day . It was a very sunny Monday morning, I did not even need my alarm clock to Plath Essay wake me up due to the sunlight creeping through my blinds and shining right in my eyes at the crack.

American films , Bench press , English-language films 1052 Words | 3 Pages. * 1.Is my title and introduction enticing? * My title and introduction is in my opinion enticing. . * 2.Is my thesis effective? * I believe that my thesis statement is bupa eap very effective. * 3.Have I included enough details so the reader can visualize my experience? * The details included in my essay should give the reader a clear view on of Sylvia Plath Essay, my experience. * 4.Are the events presented in a logical sequence? * The events included in my essay are presented in. Armed forces , English-language films , Essay 834 Words | 3 Pages. 4. Die? Does this recipe include a good balance of essential nutrients? Explain your answer. Yes. This recipe only has 120 calories and includes milk and Biography of Sylvia, . cheese which are good for the bones and how did whitman, provide vitamins that are healthy. I like to give my children mac and cheese because its kid friendly and I know they are eating a meal that is healthy for them. 5. Of Sylvia Plath Essay? How could the recipe be altered to Hirschi´s Elements in the Fryberg Essay include more essential nutrients?

This recipe can be made healthier by substituting the Biography Plath, flour noodles. Eating , Essential nutrient , Food 647 Words | 3 Pages. Narrative Essay. A Day of Mixed Happiness and Sadness. years ago when I graduated from college. Bupa Eap? I was happy because it was my graduation party, but I was sad because we . Biography Of Sylvia? my classmates and the perfect, me would go our separate ways again after four years of being in a close-knit relationship. . First of all, as I had gotten up earlier than usual and prepared myself for the party, I arrived at college early. Of course I was really happy at that time and I took a seat next to my classmates, my friends.

After a little time, as our classmates, guests and Biography, our. Academic dress , Graduation , High school 577 Words | 2 Pages. The Most Memorable Day of My Life. Gisela Lopez Ms. S. Nylander English 1A Narrative August 26, 2012 The Most Memorable Day of bupa eap, my Life The most memorable . day of my life was, September 4, 1995 in Chicago, IL.

It was 6:00 a.m. when my alarm clock woke me up. Of Sylvia? The first day of high school was finally here. Should The Bluest Eye By Be Considered American Novel?? I was excited, but a lot more nervous. Biography Of Sylvia Plath? I got out of how did walt die, bed, got ready, and then was on my way to the bus stop. All I could think of is the stories I heard about high school being so horrible with all the mean teachers, the hard tests. Classroom , Friendship , High school 1140 Words | 3 Pages. No day is perfect as something always seems to go wrong.

Little or big there is Biography Plath always a flaw. That is The Bluest Toni Morrison Be Considered American what I have always believed in and . probably always will. Anyone that says something is perfect is either lying through their teeth or overlooking a bunch of things. Some days do come close though. Some days just are so wonderful they seem perfect. They seem like the Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, best day you've ever had.

That doesn't mean they are but they do come very close. For me a nice summer day always is the start of. 1139 Words | 3 Pages. the football field where the ceremony of my graduation took place. Someone above must have known it was my . graduation day and blessed me with a beautiful day . I was so excited that the night before the graduation I could not sleep at all. I tossed and turned all night, thinking about the graduation . I waited this moment for four long years in high school. Graduation is one of the memorable days of downsizing, my life. On my graduation , I was filled with butterfly in my stomach.

I was like an ant in the crowd. 2008 albums , American films , Debut albums 836 Words | 2 Pages. lovely day and of Sylvia, I had a good sleep last night, I said. It was a sunny day . I checked the time to get ready to Eye by Toni Be Considered a Great American Novel? go to school. . Biography Of Sylvia Essay? I took a big deep breath and felt relaxed. Ah, just in jesus leader time, I said as I walked to Essay the bathroom and washed and brushed my teeth slowly. I thought it took only about 10 minutes. I checked the time again and it was already 7:05.

I said, Oh my god! I'm late for school! I'm dead! My teacher would send me to the principal, as usual. Then, she would call my mom. Bathroom , Ciara , English-language films 341 Words | 3 Pages. sweet memorable events of my life From the very little, like from bupa eap, class five I was stay outside the home on the hostel at Biography of Sylvia Plath, Muradpur . Ramakrishna mission. There the base of my life was built with very strong. But I was distance from my mamoni,bapiamp; dadas love, affection, illusion amp; delight.

Then I was bounded under the missions four wall boundaries. I always fond of these love, affection, illusion amp; delight, but I never got it properly. When I was in corporate class ten, after the test exam dada. 2008 singles , Hyderabad State , Koi Kaze 1362 Words | 3 Pages. update me in my daily lives, like what is happening in Plath the government, education, religions, and economy or to bupa eap our social institutions which is . the structure of our society. These will also develop my own behavior and my interaction to other people. I can clearly understand why there are different peoples with different characteristics, ideas, beliefs, principles and values. It can also affect me through the influence of the different peoples in my own environment.

It lets me know what is my role as. Better , Institution , Person 1247 Words | 3 Pages. ? My name is Erin and Biography, every day for corporate me is different. Of Sylvia Plath? I never know what to bupa eap expect. If Im not in school, then Im most likely with . Biography Plath Essay? friends getting in a Look at Evolutionary Psychology Essay some kind of trouble. Enjoy this crazy ride called, Welcome to a Day in my Life.

Stereotype: an Plath Essay, assumption of what people are like, whether true or false. People are always judging each other based on the way they act, their clothes, their weight, etc. While at the races, I overheard this guy talking about this guy at the races. He was saying Oh he. 2006 albums , Debut albums , Friendship 889 Words | 4 Pages.

ordinary day today. However, instead of the downsizing, usual routine, my day turned out to be more surprising then I . had expected. Biography Of Sylvia Plath? Normaly I wake up and eat breakfast, watch television, or use the computer, and eat snacks all day . My day turned out to how did whitman be going to the stores, going to the library, and eating pizza. Of Sylvia? When I go to the store I usually go to Taking at Evolutionary Essay the game section, where they have games already setup for people to try out. My broter and I usually ask my dad if we.

A Good Day , Dieting , Eating 325 Words | 3 Pages. ? My First Day at University Every student of college, in his life dreams about his university life. It is the of Sylvia Plath Essay, dream of Travis Hirschi´s Elements in the Case Essay, . every student to Biography Plath Essay get admission in a university of corporate, high esteem. Biography Plath Essay? I also thought about the corporate downsizing, same thing. My first day at Biography Essay, University is an important event of corporate downsizing, my life. To me it is an unforgettable day . During my school or college days , I had a glimpse of university life from my elder cousins. I was most curiously waiting for the day when I would start my university life. I thought. Administration , Business school , Floor 892 Words | 3 Pages.

point what day was exactly the happiest in Biography of Sylvia Essay my life. Was it the day I met my future husband? The . Psychology Essay? day I married him? Or the day I became a mother? All of Biography Essay, these were extremely happy events in my life, but I am convinced that if it wouldnt be for the fact I agreed to marry the man of my dreams, I would have not experienced the at Evolutionary Essay, joys of motherhood. Biography Plath Essay? For that reason I decided, that the a Look at Evolutionary, happiest day of Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, my life is Taking at Evolutionary my Wedding Day . I always was attracted to brunets with brown eyes, so I thought one day I will. Family , Husband , Marriage 1154 Words | 3 Pages. Essay about paperless world Free Essays on of Sylvia Plath, Paperless World for students. Use our papers to help you with yours. Real-World . Examples from Should The Bluest Eye by Be Considered a Great American Novel?, a Paperless Society Magazine article from: Information Today.We have all heard about the Biography Plath, paperless society, a longheralded.

Are we slowly moving in the general direction of a less-paper world?. A paperless world may still be inconceivable to Travis Case Of Susan Essay us whove grown. NOTICE: Essays and comments posted on World Future Society Web Forums are the intellectual property of the. Essay , Five paragraph essay , Microsoft PowerPoint 832 Words | 3 Pages. 101 Prof. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay? Blandford My Space photo essay My space There are many places that I could have used to describe . myself. Although there are so many I have three that really describe the person I am. One of these pictures may come to a Look most people as a surprise.

So here is a few pictures that really describe me. Biography Plath? My first picture is one of how did walt whitman, my favorite things to do. This is where people become very surprised with me. I love to of Sylvia Plath play video games. I even play this stuff for money. My ps3 is everything to. Backpack , Baseball , Focus 1148 Words | 3 Pages. ? It started out as a great summer day with my band class. Should Toni Be Considered American? Than all of a sudden something happened that has not happened in 16 . years while the class was on a trip. What had happened had ruined everyones day of fun.

In June of 2011, we went to Kings Island to have a fun day before school started back up in August. Biography? We had planned to be there until 10pm. We split up into small groups and did our different things. I was walking around with my best friend, Taylor. Should Eye By Morrison American Novel?? We went and rode the Vortex, which. 2004 albums , A Boot and a Shoe , American films 1019 Words | 3 Pages. My perfect day would start by me waking early 7:30 am is early, for me feeling refreshed and restored. Biography Plath? I haven't had a . Jesus The Perfect? relaxing night of Biography, sleep in months and often awaken far later than I had planned, feeling guilty, stiff, and still sleepy. At Evolutionary Psychology? After a hot shower and a shave I'd put on a comfortable outfit, including nice socks (it's amazing how wearing a pair of Plath Essay, nice socks can improve my day ), comfortable jeans, and a tagless t-shirt (really, the ones without itchy tags in jesus the perfect leader the back of the neck. 2008 singles , A Little Bit , A Little Bit Longer 1044 Words | 3 Pages.

decided to Biography of Sylvia Plath pursue graduate studies in bupa eap environmental engineering leading to a doctorate. This decision followed naturally after carefully considering . Of Sylvia Essay? my academic background, the areas of my interest, and my ultimate professional ambition, which is to Should The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison Novel? pursue a research career, either as a teaching faculty member, or in an R D department of the industry. Biography Plath Essay? My undergraduate education at [college name], has provided me with a strong and comprehensive background in environmental management. The curriculum. Academic degree , Bachelor's degree , College 1063 Words | 4 Pages. My Essay Hello my name is Tillaeva Dildora and I work at die, daycare named Ann Kids. This is not . Biography Plath Essay? my first year of working with kids, before this preschool, I have worked in variety of different preschools. Here, I work for jesus two years with kids age from three and four. I really enjoy working here, because of the kids and the environment of this daycare. How my day starts?

This might been your first question, and answer to it is. First I check the room, before I let my kids to Biography of Sylvia Plath the class. Health , Hygiene , Occupational safety and walt, health 1776 Words | 8 Pages. English 111 paper #2 02-28-12 The Day That Changed My Mind Around three years ago from today my grandma was . given the news that tore our family up. Biography Of Sylvia Essay? She was told she had around two in half years to live due to cirrhosis of the Toni American, liver. She had a special case because cirrhosis of the liver is more common due to drinking too much alcohol. My grandma never drank a day in her life. Cirrhosis of the liver is a slowly progressing disease that replaces healthy liver tissue with scar tissue. Eventually. Doctor , Family , Grandparent 1781 Words | 4 Pages.

?The Day That Changed My Life On August 8, 2009 I woke up like any other day , not knowing that it was going to . be the Plath, worst day of how did walt, my life. As soon as I cracked my eyes, my hand went to my phone to of Sylvia Plath Essay check a variety of things including my Facebook, my text messages, and how did walt whitman, my instant messages. I was hoping to see a message from Biography Plath Essay, my boyfriend, Lucas. At Evolutionary? Three months prior to this day , my boyfriends best friend, Michael, had died in a motorcycle accident. As long as I had known the two of them, they. Birthday party , Christina Aguilera , Instant messaging 1347 Words | 3 Pages.

April 11, 2013 Period 2 English 3 Honors Today I am going to of Sylvia explain to you about Judy Blume and downsizing, her childhood, education, and Plath, all . of her great achievements. I chose Judy Blume to write my paper on because she is an amazing writer and I was intrigued to bupa eap learn more about her. She is an inspiration to a lot of people and is very successful. Judy Blume was born on February 12, 1938 in Biography Plath Essay Elizabeth, New Jersey. Jesus The Perfect Leader? Her parents names are Rudolph Sussman, a dentist, and Esther. A Great Way to Biography of Sylvia Plath Care , Children's literature , Early childhood education 1786 Words | 5 Pages. Worst Day of My Life As I lie here looking up at Should The Bluest Toni Morrison Be Considered American Novel?, the ceiling, unable to move, I think to myself that this could be the Biography of Sylvia Essay, worst . A Look Psychology Essay? day of my life.

As I try to Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay think about how I got here I begin to put the bupa eap, pieces together and I realize what happened to Biography Plath me. Corporate? This day was like any other day of my life. It was such a pretty day , the Biography, sun was shining, the sky was blue, a perfect day for a summer birthday party. My nephew was turning four years of age, so my brother was throwing him a pool party at my Dads. Car seat , Ceiling , English-language films 1026 Words | 3 Pages.

WRITING THE COLLEGE ESSAY PURPOSE OF THE ESSAY Your GPA, class rank, SATI and SATII scores are all important to a college . admissions officer in helping to assess your academic abilities. But they are only numbers they have no personality. What can make your application stand apart are the corporate, personal essays . The college essay will allow an of Sylvia Plath Essay, admissions officer to look beyond those numbers and see you as a person. Corporate? A well-written essay should convey your thoughts, attitudes, personal qualities. College , Essay , Question 1382 Words | 5 Pages. My Personal Plan HCS/504 December 12, 2011 John Dean My Personal Plan * Introduction Success needs lots of . preparation.

If I want to become successful in my life, I need to be well prepared. Plath Essay? Before starting my graduate study I have set certain goals for my life that will set me on Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology Essay, the route to success. Biography Plath Essay? These goals will take me through life and let me live the kind of life I have dreamed about. I have set some personal goal and professional goals. Whitman Die? Personal Goal i. Optimize. Bachelor's degree , Goal , Graduate school 1203 Words | 4 Pages. High School Graduation Graduation is an Biography of Sylvia, exciting time in bupa eap a persons life, especially a high school graduation . . For most people their graduation day is one of their best day of their lives. No more high school, and for of Sylvia some it means that they are able to move on bupa eap, with their life and live on their own as well as embark on Biography, the independent journey of college.

In my case, when I think of Should Eye by Morrison Be Considered American, family and friends gathering to celebrate a joyous occasion. I feel like I accomplished my strongest goal. Of Sylvia Plath Essay? It never. 2006 albums , Academic dress , Dress 1893 Words | 4 Pages. for the day , and don't think twice about downsizing how those plans can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I never thought much about it myself, until . Biography Of Sylvia Essay? I was faced with the bupa eap, shock, and Biography, undeniable truth of my grandpa's death. Jesus The Perfect? I don't think anyone really thinks about tragedy until they are actually faced with shocking news. Of Sylvia Plath Essay? My family moved to the United States in Hirschi´s Elements Case Of Susan Essay the year of 2011 and has been staying at my aunt's house.

We stayed there for couple of years before we moved out into our own apartment. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay? My family. A Big Family , Celine Dion , Family 1256 Words | 2 Pages. My Most Frightening Day Most people dont have any idea when their most frightening day will be, it could have . been when they were young or maybe it has not quite happened yet. I did not have the luxury of surprise although I also didnt exactly have a day marked on my calendar.

I knew my most frightening day would come when a doctor called my house and the perfect, informed my family that my great grandpa Papahualo had two weeks to live, and my dad informed me that we were going to fly out there to be with. Aunt , Debut albums , Family 1285 Words | 3 Pages.

Order Content from the Best Essay Writing Service - Sylvia Plath Critical Essays - eNotes com

How to Buy an Essay Online - Sylvia Plath: Biography Biographies Essays - 123HelpMe com

Resume Format Guide - Reverse-Chronological, Functional, Combination Styles. By Resume Genius. Making a perfect resume needs more than just error-free spelling and grammar. A resume must be framed and formatted to present you in Plath Essay, the best way possible, a process that requires combining creativity, composition, and marketing. Therefore, weve written this resume format guide to Should Eye by Morrison, be a comprehensive resource to those looking to format their own resumes. We provide writing tips, expert advice, and of Sylvia, sample images covering every resume format for your convenience. Looking for more resume samples? Click the link below.

How to Choose the Best Resume Format. Use the chart below to get a quick idea of Eye by Toni a Great Novel?, which resume format will be best for Biography of Sylvia Essay, presenting your unique job experience. As you may have seen above, job seekers have three options when it comes to formatting their resume: Chronological, Functional, and Combination . Each resume format has their own set of advantages and disadvantages for the perfect leader, different kinds of Biography Plath Essay, job seekers, so be sure to choose wisely. Check out the in-depth writing guides below to get every bit of information needed to create the best resume for you: To get inspiration and an idea of what your resume can look like, weve created three huge libraries of resume format examples . The links below are separated by resume style and include industry-specific samples. Visit each library and find your industry. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume presents your work experience information from newest (most relevant) to oldest (least relevant). This means the resume will begin with your most recent job, and end with your oldest experience. This structure allows you to present yourself in Novel?, terms of your promotions and of Sylvia, upward career mobility , and is therefore particularly useful for bupa eap, entry to mid level applicants looking to boost their careers. I should use a reverse chronological resume format if I want to demonstrate a vertical career progression.

I want to apply to of Sylvia, a job in corporate downsizing, a similar field. I dont have large work experience gaps. I shouldnt use a reverse chronological style if I have multiple gaps in my employment history. I am considering working in a new industry I frequently change jobs. To learn more about Essay, what should be in included in a reverse-chronological resume, click here.

The functional resume format frames the candidate in terms of the skills and abilities he/she believes are most relevant to the job opening . Unlike the reverse chronological resume, the how did die, functional resume ignores when and where the Biography, candidate learned or performed those skills . The candidate and simply lists them at the top of the resume in order of most relevant to least relevant skills. Even the least relevant skill should still be relevant to the job you are applying for. Least relevant here really means the least relevant of your most relevant skills. Warning: Many human resources professionals have negative impressions of functional resumes precisely because they do not reveal chronological information, making it seem like the candidate is Taking a Look Essay hiding something. By using the functional format, job candidates can achieve three big goals: provide evidence that they are strong candidates for the job, and hide work experience gaps (if they havent been working for periods of time.) help hiring managers quickly locate specific skills that are required for a particular position, which is beneficial. I should use a functional resume format if I have unusually large gaps in my employment history. I am in the midst of a big career change into Biography, a new industry.

I want to promote a specific skill set. I shouldnt use a functional style if: I want to highlight my upward career mobility. I am a student or entry-level candidate that lacks experience. Jesus Leader? I lack relevant or transferable skills. To learn more about what should be in included in a functional resume, click here.

A combination resume is Plath literally a combination of the reverse-chronological and how did, functional resume formats. Combination resumes will often begin with a professional profile or summary of qualifications that includes skills, abilities, and achievements relevant to the job opening. (This is the functional part.) This introductory section is Plath then followed by how did walt whitman die your reverse-chronological professional experience, education, and additional sections. (This is the Biography of Sylvia, reverse-chronological part.) I should use a combination resume format if I want to showcase a relevant and the perfect, well-developed skill set. I want to Biography Plath, transfer to a different industry.

I am a master at corporate downsizing what I do. I shouldnt use a combination resume format if I am a student or entry level candidate. Biography Of Sylvia Plath? I want to Travis in the Of Susan Fryberg Essay, emphasize my educational experience. I lack relevant qualifications and skills. To learn more about what should be in included in a combination resume format, click here. If you have any specific questions not answered in this guide please feel free to post them in the comments at the bottom of the page and one of our Senior Resume Experts will be glad to answer them for you! PS. Need that job? Be sure to download our Resume Checklist to ensure that youve written a complete, professional resume. Click Here to Download.

Our Resume Checklist. If I apply a admin. job but I only have relevant experience several years ago, and now in school learning social service. How can I make my resume? Emphasize old skills and of Sylvia Plath Essay, transferable skills from social service in a combination or functional resume. Good luck on the job hunt! Yes, if you have several impressive awards/honors then they can definitely be place above your professional experience. Good luck on the job hunt! We suggest using a combination format. Best of luck on the job hunt!

We suggest that you stick with the Should The Bluest, traditional reverse-chronological format. Good luck! I did a career shift recently to teaching after having a graduate degree and 10 years experience in planning and Biography of Sylvia Essay, development. I have recently completed a graduate degree in education and have 2 years of teaching experience in die, a preschool setting and trying to now make the shift to elementary age. Do you think I should use a combination resume? A combination resume should work for your situation. Check out our combination format writing guide for more info: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/combination-resume-samples.

For a chronological resume, if I completed an internship with a past employer while simultaneously being employed by them does the internship go above or below the primary employment experience? (E.g., I worked at HSBV from 8/2013 12/2015, with my internship also at HSBV from Plath 1/2015 5/2015, so right in the middle of my employment with them. Bupa Eap? Should the internship be listed before, or after?) You should list you internship after your employment. Good luck! I have what I perceive to be a unique situation (I understand everyone thinks they are different). I am an army veteran of nearly 7 years and Biography Plath Essay, now I am studying to Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology, get my BS is Homeland Security. Biography? I joined the army at 19 in 2006 and Should The Bluest Eye by American, got out in 2013. Biography? From 2013 until January of this year, I have been trying to make my own way as an entrepreneur.

I was largely unsuccessful and in order to stay on top of my bills I ended up taking odd jobs during the day while working as a bouncer at various bars and clubs at night. I am currently looking for Elements in the Of Susan Fryberg, an internship as part of my degree program so i need to create a resume. I thought a functional resume would be ideal so as to Biography of Sylvia Essay, blur the past 3 years. However, I understand from this article that students should use a chronological resume. I need to know how firm that rule is. Also, if anyone has any specific guidance for my resume I am very willing to accept advice. Thanks.

In your situation, we would suggest using a functional format. This will allow you to focus on your skills that are relevant to the internship you are applying for. Good luck on the job hunt and thank you for your service! Okay so I am a third year college student looking for a part-time job that fits my class schedule and isnt in the fast-food industry to help me pay rent next year. Leader? I have never had to write a resume for any of my other jobs so Im at a loss as to what to do. Biography Of Sylvia Plath? I am applying as an entry-level applicant but I also didnt work during my freshman year and about half of Travis Hirschi´s Elements in the Of Susan Fryberg, my sophomore year. Therefore Im not really sure how to approach this and I really need this job. Of Sylvia Essay? Please help! Thanks!

Good luck on the job hunt! Consider adding a Publications section to corporate downsizing, include your research and writing experience. Good luck on the job hunt. Several positions require a chronological resume be included. I am over 40, most recent position was over of Sylvia Plath, 5 yrs ago as a Seasonal Tax Professional with HR Block. Recently received my AA degree. I do not include employment start end dates on my resume for many reasons but I am not trying to look like someone who can not or will not follow directions either.

Please share your thoughts. Hi I used to be a pediatric nurse for two years till moved to this country on 2012 and walt die, have been working at Walmart since then, recently got my RN license and want to start working as a nursewhat type would you recommend me? In your case, we suggest using a functional resume. Best of luck on the job hunt! Hi, I am presently working as Project Manager in construction company and before this I worked as Operations Manager in a different company. Now I want to apply for a job (Title : Plant Manager). Plath Essay? I am confused which format I should choose to post for this job opportunity. Please recommend. We suggest sticking with the a Look at Evolutionary Psychology, traditional reverse-chronological format. Of Sylvia Plath Essay? Best of luck!

Detailing all 18 years of your experience might be overdoing it. With three pages, there is likely some redundant information that you could cut. However, if you truly feel that all of bupa eap, your content is relevant and of interest to Biography of Sylvia, the employer, then stick with what you have. Best of luck on Of Susan Essay, the job hunt! I am now trying to rejoin the Biography of Sylvia Plath, full-time workforce after almost a 17 year absence.

Prior to marriage mother hood I was a very successful Director of Public relations for Hirschi´s Fryberg, a well known beauty company in Plath, NYC (1990-1996). After that I joined a small firm on Long Island as their first ever Director of PR and downsizing, advertising (1997-1999). Then babies came. 6 years later I joined a local firm as their Director of Essay, Operations (office manager) from 2006-2009. Then my family and I moved to Switzerland and just returned after 7 years. I was a teacher of English as a Second Language. I am looking for work in almost any capacity: From Communications manager to administrative assistant.

I am struggling with how to present my resume. Ive been letting my cover letters explain the history and corporate, why I would be a good fit for any given position, but Im sure my resume is holding me back. Any ideas. Thanks in advance! If youre looking to Biography Essay, get back into communications or office management, then it might be better to The Bluest Toni Morrison a Great American, use a functional format. This will allow you to emphasize your skills instead of the Biography Essay, dates of your work experience. As far as explaining work gaps in your cover letter, check out this how-to guide: https://resumegenius.com/cover-letters-the-how-to-guide/cover-letter-red-flags-solutions. While I was in bupa eap, high school I did my internship at of Sylvia for State Farm.

After I graduated I was offered a job there and corporate, stayed there for Biography, 2 years. Bupa Eap? I have recently worked at Biography of Sylvia the National Instituted of Health for corporate downsizing, a year. Of Sylvia Plath? I currently want to Travis Case Of Susan Fryberg, go back to finding an Biography Plath Essay office job or something related and need help deciding what type of resume I should use? Based on the info youve given us, a Chronological format would still be appropriate. Best of luck! If the the position you are applying for is also an administrative job, then stick with the traditional Reverse-Chronological resume format. Good luck on the job hunt! Glad you liked it! Hi there!

This is great. I was just wondering, if Ive been at the same position for Should The Bluest a Great Novel?, 3 years (2014-present) but did a second job for 6 months in 2015 that I would like to Biography, list, would I put that first (since technically 2015 is jesus the perfect more recent than 2014)? Or would I list that after my current position, since Im still presently in this role? Thanks! List your current position first. Biography Plath Essay? Best of Elements in the Of Susan, luck! A combination or functional resume would be suitable.

Best of luck! It sounds like a functional format would be a good choice. Good luck on Plath, the job hunt! Hi there Elizabeth, You have a bit of flexibility with the resume format, but when in bupa eap, doubt go with reverse-chronological. Because youre lacking in transferable skills, Id recommend working on your resume objective to Biography of Sylvia, get your application started on Hirschi´s Of Susan Fryberg, the right foot. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/career-objective-writing-guide. Also consider the soft skills youve built during your time working in a call center.

Many of these could potentially be transferable. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/skills-section-writing-guide. Good luck with your job application! Yes, a combination resume is perfectly suited to someone of of Sylvia, your experience, even with the bupa eap, career change. Good luck making the shift back into your previous field! If you are aiming for a new industry, you cant go wrong with the classic reverse-chronological resume format. Good luck landing your fellowship! Share Resume Format Guide Reverse-Chronological, Functional, #038; Combination Styles Our code geeks and of Sylvia Plath Essay, HR experts are proud to Should Eye by Toni Be Considered a Great, introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to Biography of Sylvia Essay, help you land more interviews in corporate downsizing, todays competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to Plath, choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to Should Eye by Toni Be Considered a Great American Novel?, your inbox.

By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Play the of Sylvia Plath Essay, One-Minute Game Thatll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to the test, and how did whitman, learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady.

Tom Bradys resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown. There are tons of errors throughout. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman?

Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job. Resume Builder Comparison | Resume Genius vs. Biography Of Sylvia? LinkedIn Labs. What are the differences between the major online resume builders? Here's an in depth analysis of what. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and downsizing, career tips are regularly featured on Plath, some of the world's leading online and Travis Case Of Susan, offline publications including:

Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in Biography of Sylvia, today's competitive job market. HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Buy Essay Online Cheap - Sylvia Plath - Wikipedia

Write my essay - The Life Of Sylvia Plath: essays research papers fc - 123HelpMe com

America, Home of the Transactional Marriage. The countrys exceptionally thin safety net prompts residentsespecially those with less-steady employmentto view partnership in more economic terms. Biography Essay? The Department of Justice Takes a Stand Against Transgender Rights in the Workplace. At Evolutionary Psychology? When Working From Home Doesnt Work. Over the last several decades, the proportion of Americans who get married has greatly diminisheda development known as well to of Sylvia Plath Essay, those who lament marriages decline as those who take issue with it as an institution.

But a development thats much newer is that the Hirschi´s Elements Of Susan Essay, demographic now leading the shift away from tradition is Americans without college degreeswho just a few decades ago were much more likely to be married by the age of 30 than college graduates were. Today, though, just over Biography of Sylvia Plath half of jesus women in their early 40s with a high-school degree or less education are married, compared to Biography Essay, three-quarters of women with a bachelors degree; in the 1970s, there was barely a difference. The marriage gap for men has changed less over the years, but there the trend lines have flipped too: Twenty-five percent of men with high-school degrees or less education have never married, compared to jesus the perfect, 23 percent of men with bachelors degrees and of Sylvia Plath, 14 percent of those with advanced degrees. Meanwhile, divorce rates have continued to rise among the downsizing, less educated, while staying more or less steady for college graduates in of Sylvia recent decades. The divide in the timing of bupa eap childbirth is even starker. Fewer than one in 10 mothers with a bachelors degree are unmarried at the time of Plath their childs birth, compared to six out of 10 mothers with a high-school degree.

The share of such births has risen dramatically in recent decades among less educated mothers, even as it has barely budged for those who finished college. (There are noticeable differences between races, but among those with less education, out-of-wedlock births have become much more common among white and nonwhite people alike.) Plummeting rates of walt whitman marriage and Plath, rising rates of out-of-wedlock births among the Should Be Considered a Great American, less educated have been linked to growing levels of income inequality. More generally, these numbers are causes for concern, sinceeven though marriage is Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, hardly a cure-allchildren living in the perfect married households tend to Biography Essay, do better on a wide range of behavioral and academic measures compared to kids raised by single parents or, for bupa eap that matter, the kids of parents who live together but are unmarried. Whether this can be attributed to marriage itself is a contentious question among researchers, since some studies suggest that what really drives these disparities is simply that those who are likeliest to marry differ from those who dont, notably in terms of earnings. (Other studies, however, find better outcomes for the kids of married parents regardless of the of Sylvia Essay, advantages those households tend to Taking a Look Essay, have.) Regardless, it is clear that having married parents usually means a child will get more in of Sylvia Essay the way of time, money, and guidance from their parents. Why are those with less educationthe working classentering into, and jesus leader, staying in, traditional family arrangements in smaller and Biography of Sylvia Plath, smaller numbers? Some tend to stress that the how did walt whitman, cultural values of the Biography Plath, less educated have changed, and there is Travis Hirschi´s in the Fryberg, some truth to that. But whats at the core of those changes is a larger shift: The disappearance of good jobs for people with less education has made it harder for them to start, and sustain, relationships.

Whats more, the Essay, U.S.s relatively meager safety net makes the cost of bupa eap being unemployed even steeper than it is in other industrialized countrieswhich prompts many Americans to view the decision to stay married with a jobless partner in more transactional, economic terms. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay? And this isnt only a Look Psychology Essay because of the financial ramifications of losing a job, but, in a country that puts such a premium on Plath Essay individual achievement, the emotional and psychological consequences as well. Even when it comes to private matters of love and lifestyle, the broader social structurethe state of the economy, the availability of good jobs, and so onmatters a great deal. Earlier this year, the economists David Autor, David Dorn, and Gordon Hanson analyzed labor markets during the 1990s and Psychology, 2000sa period when Americas manufacturing sector was losing jobs, as companies steadily moved production overseas or automated it with computers and robots. Because the manufacturing sector has historically paid high wages to people with little education, the disappearance of these sorts of jobs has been devastating to working-class families, especially the men among them, who still outnumber women on assembly lines. Plath Essay? Autor, Dorn, and Hanson found that in places where the number of factory jobs shrank, women were less likely to get married. In The Of Susan Fryberg Essay? They also tended to have fewer children, though the share of children born to unmarried parents, and living in poverty, grew. What was producing these trends, the researchers argue, was the rising number of men who could no longer provide in of Sylvia Essay the ways they once did, making them less attractive as partners. Bupa Eap? Furthermore, many men in these communities became no longer available, sometimes winding up in the military or dying from Biography Essay alcohol or drug abuse. (Its important to corporate, point out Biography Essay, that this study and Travis Hirschi´s Elements Case Of Susan Essay, similar research on employment and marriage focus on opposite-sex marriages, and a different dynamic may be at work among same-sex couples, who tend to of Sylvia Essay, be more educated.)

In doing research for a Look Psychology a book about workers experiences of Biography of Sylvia Essay being unemployed for long periods, I saw how people who once had good jobs became, over time, unmarriageable. I talked to many people without jobs, men in particular, who said that dating, much less marrying or moving in with someone, was no longer a viable option: Who would take a chance on them if they couldnt provide anything? And for those already in serious relationships, the loss of a job can be devastating in its own way. One man I met, a 51-year-old who used to bupa eap, work at of Sylvia Essay, a car plant in Detroit, had been unemployed on and off for three years. At Evolutionary Psychology? (As is standard in sociology, my interviewees were promised confidentiality.) Over that period, his marriage fell apart. Of Sylvia Essay? Ive got no money and now shes got a job, he told me. All credibility is out the tubes when you cant pay the Should Morrison American Novel?, bills. The reason his wife started cheating on him and eventually left him, he said, was that a man came up with money. His loss of credibility wasnt just about earnings. He worried that, like his wife, his two young kids looked down on Biography Essay him. The Perfect? Hed always been working before; now they wondered why he was always home. Plath Essay? In his own mind, being out of work for Elements Case Fryberg Essay so long had made him less of a man. Its kinda tough when you cant pay the bills, you know. So I have been going through a lot of depression lately, he told me. Unemployment makes you unable to Biography Plath, be who you are, or who you once were, he added, and that state of at Evolutionary Psychology mind probably didnt him make an appealing person to live with. The theory that a lack of job opportunities makes marriageable men harder to find was first posed by Essay, the sociologist William Julius Wilson in regard to a specific population: poor, city-dwelling African Americans. (Disclosure: Wilson was my advisor in graduate school.) In later decades of the last century, rates of crime, joblessness, poverty, and single parenthood soared in cities across the country.

Many conservatives blamed these trends on a culture of a Look at Evolutionary Essay poverty that perpetuated indolence, apathy, and instant gratification across generations. Some, such as the political scientist Charles Murray, argued that federal assistance programs made these communities dependent on outside help and discouraged marriage. Many liberals criticized these cultural explanations, pointing out that, among other things, the inflation-adjusted value of welfare and other benefits had been falling over this periodwhich meant overly generous government aid was unlikely to be the culprit. In a 1987 book, Wilson put forward a compelling alternative explanation: Low-income black men were not marrying because they could no longer find good jobs. Manufacturers had fled cities, taking with them the jobs that workers with less in the way of educationdisproportionately, in this case, African Americanshad relied on to support their families.

The result was predictable. When work disappeared, people coped as best they could, but many families and of Sylvia Plath, communities frayed. Decades later, the same storyline is playing out bupa eap, across the country, in Biography Plath Essay both white and nonwhite communities, the research of Autor, Dorn, and Hanson (as well as others) suggests. Leader? The factory jobs that retreated from American cities, moving to suburbs and then the even lower-cost South, have now left the country altogether or been automated away. The predicament of todays working class is no longer just about the decline in manufacturing jobs. A study last year by Biography of Sylvia Plath, the sociologists Andrew Cherlin, David Ribar, and Suzumi Yasutake found that in places with relatively large disparities in earnings, parents were more likely to have at least one child outside of marriage.

Part of the reason, the researchers concluded, was that these highly unequal areas had little in a Look Psychology Essay the way of jobs that paid well and that high-school graduates could getnot just factory jobs, but also lower-level office and sales jobs. Biography Of Sylvia Essay? What have replaced jobs like that are, for the most part, low-wage service jobs as janitors, restaurant workers, and the like. The kinds of jobs a man could hold for leader a career have diminished, the Biography Plath, sociologists wrote, and more of the remaining jobs have a temporary stopgap charactercasual, short-term, and not part of a career strategy. The result: As many mens jobs have disappeared or worsened in quality, women see those men as a riskier investment. At the same time, they are not necessarily postponing when they have kids. As the sociologists Kathryn Edin and leader, Maria Kefalas have found in Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay interviews with low-income mothers, many see having children as an essential part of life, and one that they arent willing to put off until theyre older, when the whitman die, probability of complications in Biography Plath pregnancy can increase. For mothers-to-be from more financially stable backgrounds, the calculation is different: They often wait longer to have children, since their career prospects and earnings are likely to improve during the period when they might otherwise have been raising a child. For less-educated women, such an improvement is much rarer. One wrinkle to the marriageable-man theory has to do with the role cultural normswhether its socially acceptable not to marry, or to have kids outside of marriageplay in peoples decisions about starting a family. A study released earlier this year, by the economists Melissa Kearney and jesus, Riley Wilson, looked at a scenario that was the opposite of what Autor and his co-authors examined: What happens when mens wages increase? Do men become more marriageable in womens eyes, and do out-of-wedlock births decline? Kearney and Wilson compared marriage and childbirth rates in areas that had seen a bump in wages and Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, the number of jobs (thanks to fracking booms) to the rates in areas that hadnt. They found that, contrary to what the marriageable-man theory would predict, areas where fracking boosted wages did not see an uptick in marriages.

The number of children born to married couples rose, though births to unmarried parents also increased somewhat. How do these findings square with those of Autor, Dorn, and Hanson? The authors of the fracking study suggest that the disappearance of bupa eap good jobs could well have played a crucial role in an initial turn away from marriage, as well as childbirth within marriage. But what had taken over since then, they speculate, was a new set of social expectations: Over several decades, Americans have come to Biography of Sylvia Essay, view marriage as less of a necessity, and Taking Essay, more of an ideal, and this shift has continued into Biography Plath, recent years. Now that singlehood and out-of-wedlock childbirth have shed a degree of social stigma, the theory suggests, an Should The Bluest Toni Morrison Be Considered a Great American Novel?, increase in Biography of Sylvia Essay mens incomes wont revive norms that have already faded away.

As evidence of how social standards have changed, Kearney and Wilson describe how people living in downsizing Appalachian coal-mining communities responded in a quite different way to a similar economic boom in the 1970s and 80s. Plath? Back then, spikes in jesus the perfect income led to dramatic increases in marriage and the proportion of births within marriagethe very things that apparently have failed to resurge in todays boomtowns. The way that most couples decide matters of marriage and children nowadays, Kearney and Wilson argue, has taken on a momentum of its own, one that short-term improvements in the economy wont easily redirect. This model may seem to focus unduly on mens economic prospects, compared to womens, but thats actually the point. Americans still on the whole expect men to provide, meaning their worth as partners is more closely tied to their income. In fact, what seems to be decisive in Autor, Dorn, and Hansons study is not really whether mens incomes go up or down, but whether they go up or down relative to womens. For instance, when competition from of Sylvia Essay China chipped away at jobs in walt whitman die female-dominated manufacturing sectors, such as the leather-goods industry, marriage rates actually increased.

As womens wages fell compared to Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, mens, the economists argue, marriage was more likely to lead to economic security, and downsizing, single motherhood became less attractive. But even if expectations around gender and earnings remain firmly in place, they are clearly changing, likely in response to the reality that, nowadays, women are the primary breadwinner in four out of 10 families. I spoke to a 54-year-old former factory worker in Mount Clemens, Michigan, who told me that her husbands resentment about the frequent temporary layoffs (which came during slow periods at her plant) eventually spilled over into vicious fights over of Sylvia money. Anytime I got laid off, he got pissed, she said. The two later separated. In todays economy, when oftentimes both partners must pitch in their wages to make ends meet, its increasingly hard to see how anyone in the working class has the luxury of sticking with someone without a jobmale or female. Does it really have to be this way? Must a jobor a lack of a jobshape ones romantic and family life? When I was doing research for my book, I talked to the perfect leader, both Americans and Canadians affected by the retreat of manufacturing jobs, many of whom were separated by just a quick drive across the border between Michigan and Ontario.

I was surprised, though, that unemployment appeared to be more toxic to the romantic relationships of the Americans I talked to, who were more likely to go through a separation or divorce following a layoff than my Canadian interviewees were. To some extent, this reflects cultural differences. As Andrew Cherlin, a sociologist whose research was cited above, noted in his 2010 book The Marriage-Go-Round , Americans tend to place great importance on both marriage and personal autonomy, which is reflected in their very high marriage and divorce rates (higher than in other advanced industrialized countries, including Canada). An intensely individualistic worldview, when applied to relationships, may make someone more willing to end them when their partner doesnt have a good job; the can-do, competitive values that America rightly celebrates can, when taken to extremes, make relationships seem to be as much about self-advancement as about unconditional love and acceptance. At the other end of the earnings spectrum, this view of relationships leads well-educated people to search for partners who, on some level, will set them (and their children) up to Biography Essay, be financially better off. Increasingly, this means that well educated people marry other well educated peoplesomething that has always been the case, but not to the perfect leader, this degree. In discussing this trendwhich researchers call assortative matingin his recent book Dream Hoarders , the Brookings researcher Richard Reeves brings up the time a prominent Princeton alum advised current female students to snag a husband in college, where they are most likely to find someone worthy of them.

The love life of of Sylvia Plath Essay a Princeton grad is an extreme example, but across all levels of education and income, there may be more of this weeding out of potential partners than there used to Taking a Look at Evolutionary Essay, be. Finding a worthy partner is increasingly important in of Sylvia Essay todays economy, and for The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison Be Considered a Great American the working class, this sorting would be based on employment more than education. All that said, the difference I detected in the durability of Americans and Canadians relationships following the loss of one partners job may also have to do with how the two countries social policies shape residents views on Biography Plath the stakes of being employed. Of course, some researchers believe that a strong safety net may actually discourage people from getting married in the first place. They point to the fact that in European countries with expansive government programs, there tend to be lower rates of marriage and a Look at Evolutionary Psychology Essay, childbirth within marriage. But its unclear whether the explanation is different values, or different policies. In many European countries, for example, cohabiting relationships are often long-term and stable, such that they look much like marriages.

In the U.S. that tends not to Biography of Sylvia Plath, be the case, which suggests that attitudes about live-in relationships, like views on marriage, diverge across the Atlantic. My own research looks more narrowly at one question in this debate: Can certain policies help keep working-class married couples together after one of them loses a job? Ample support for worse-off families may keep the stresses of corporate unemployment, and of Sylvia Plath Essay, financial problems more generally, from tearing couples apart. In Windsor, Ontario, I met a 60-year-old Canadian man whose family went through a difficult time after he lost his job. One day, he walked to corporate downsizing, a highway overpass and of Sylvia Plath, decided he would kill himself by jumping in front of a truck. He stayed out there, on bupa eap a cold December morning two days after Christmas, for Biography of Sylvia three hours.

But, unable to bring himself to carry out his plan, he went home. He and his wife talked things over, and Morrison Be Considered a Great Novel?, he decided to of Sylvia Plath, get help. A local support program for people out of workan action center funded by downsizing, the government and staffed by some of his former coworkers at the plantprovided him with a support network of peers who understood his situation. The center also lobbied his former employer to extend his remaining health-insurance coverage so that he could pay for his therapy. (Even under Canadas single-payer system, not all health-care costs are covered by the government.) He said he emerged from that experience with a stronger marriage and a stronger relationship with his daughter. Biography Essay? Before, we didnt have that openness, that communication, he said. The Canadian safety net later helped him in other ways. He took remedial courses to get his high-school degree and then trained to Hirschi´s Elements Case Essay, become an addiction counselor; the Biography Plath Essay, government paid all his tuition, which included a job placement at the end of the walt whitman die, program. Even when his public unemployment benefits ended, he continued to receive income through a special program for Biography Essay laid-off workers like him who had worked at least seven out of the previous 10 years. Bupa Eap? The fact that he could still bring home a check every other week, he said, made him feel less ashamed about not working. Biography Plath? Everything is moving in Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology the right direction, he told me at the time. Essay? For that he credited his family, his own motivation, and the governments help. While a patchwork of bupa eap programs in the United States provides similar kinds of retraining support, it tends to be less generous and more narrowly focused.

Whether ones partner is out of work matters more in America, where the safety net is thinner, because less of a lost paycheck is going to get replaced by the government (if any of it is in Plath Essay the first place). In their recent research on the white working class, the economists Anne Case and Angus Deaton note this link. The repeated re-partnering in the US, they write, is often driven by the need for an additional income, something that is bupa eap, less true in Europe with its more extensive safety net. Canada has a robust set of policies that help struggling families, especially those with just one earner. For example, Canadian parents receive baby bonuses, monthly tax-free cash benefits for each child under the age of 18, which were greatly expanded for lower-income households last year. (Americas federal government offers a child tax credit, but it helps only those who have done a certain amount of paid work that year, and jobless workers and low-income families who dont pay much in the way of federal income taxes receive less or none of it.) Canadians with modest incomes also receive quarterly, tax-free payments to of Sylvia Essay, offset the Taking at Evolutionary Psychology, costs of various sales taxes. Policies like these make having two full-time incomes less crucial in keeping a Canadian household financially afloat. They may also make the Biography of Sylvia, relationships in jesus leader that household less transactionalthat is, less dominated by a calculus that tallies what one partner does for another. Confronted, like the United States, with global economic realities such as free trade and of Sylvia, automation, some countries have built or strengthened safety nets to give their residents a measure of financial stability.

Theres a reason American family relationships have been shaped so much by jesus the perfect, labor markets. Its not a matter of destiny, but policy. Mass Shootings in the United States: 'This Is Who We Are' In the wake of Las Vegas, only one thing is certain, according to James Fallows: it will happen again. Tim Piazza fought for his life for 12 hours before his Beta Theta Pi brothers called 911. By then, it was too late. Essay? At about 3 p.m. on Friday, February 3, Tim Piazza, a sophomore at Penn State University, arrived at Hershey Medical Center by helicopter. Eighteen hours earlier, he had been in the kind of raging good health that only teenagers enjoy. He was a handsome, redheaded kid with a shy smile, a hometown girlfriend, and walt die, a family who loved him very much. Now he had a lacerated spleen, an abdomen full of blood, and multiple traumatic brain injuries.

He had fallen down a flight of stairs during a hazing event at his fraternity, Beta Theta Pi, but the Essay, members had waited nearly 12 hours before calling 911, relenting only when their pledge looked fucking dead. Tim underwent surgery shortly after arriving at Should The Bluest Eye by Toni Be Considered American Novel?, Hershey, but it was too late. He died early the next morning. Of Sylvia Plath? The Department of Justice Takes a Stand Against Transgender Rights in bupa eap the Workplace. A new memo rescinds an Obama-era policy on gender-identity discrimination, setting the stage for Biography a possible Supreme Court fight. Downsizing? The Department of Justice has issued a new memo on Plath Essay transgender workplace rights, arguing that a major civil-rights law does not cover discrimination on the basis of gender identity. The memo, first reported by bupa eap, BuzzFeed News, officially withdraws a 2014 memo sent out by then-Attorney General Eric Holder on this issue, reversing the position the of Sylvia Plath, Obama administration took late into the former presidents second term. Jesus? This is the latest in a series of moves by the DOJ to undo Obama-era policies on Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay LGBT rightsand one more step toward a possible showdown over corporate gender identity and Biography Plath, sexual orientation at the high court. As Michael Harper, a law professor at Boston University, told me, This is all going to how did walt whitman, the Supreme Court. The presidents call for a Senate investigation into Biography Essay, news outlets for publishing unflattering stories about him is an attack on freedom of the press.

Frustrated with a set of damning reports about his relationship with Secretary of State Rex Tillersonincluding the nugget that Tillerson called him a moron (perhaps with an R-rated modifier)the president offered a new suggestion on Twitter Thursday morning: Why not explore government censorship of the press? Why Isn't the walt whitman die, Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay OUR country to see why so much of our news is jesus the perfect leader, just made up-FAKE! Trump had been relatively quiet on Twitter for a few days, following the massacre in Las Vegas and his trip to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico, but the Biography Plath Essay, Tillerson stories on The Bluest Eye by Toni a Great Novel? Wednesday set off a new tirade of tweets against the press. Most of them are the Plath, standard Fake news! varietynever mind that there have been stories of Trump-Tillerson tension for months, and Elements Of Susan, that multiple outlets have confirmed the moron anecdotebut the of Sylvia Plath, president is bupa eap, calling for something different here. He is of Sylvia, suggesting that the Senate bring its investigative powers to Should The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison Be Considered a Great, bear on news reports that are, from all indications save Tillersons non-denial denial, entirely accurate. When Working From Home Doesnt Work. IBM pioneered telecommuting.

Now it wants people back in the office. I n 1979, IBM was putting its stamp on the American landscape. For 20 years, it had been hiring the greats of modernism to erect buildings where scientists and salespeople could work shoulder-to-shoulder commanding the burgeoning computer industry. But that year, one of Biography Essay its new facilitiesthe Santa Teresa Laboratory, in Silicon Valleytried an experiment. To ease a logjam at the office mainframe, it installed boxy, green-screened terminals in the homes of five employees, allowing them to Hirschi´s in the Case Fryberg Essay, work from home. The idea of telecommuting was still a novelty. But this little solution seemed effective.

By 1983, about 2,000 IBMers were working remotely. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay? The corporation eventually realized that it could save millions by selling its signature buildings and institutionalizing distance work; the number of remote workers ballooned. In 2009, an IBM report boasted that 40 percent of bupa eap IBMs some 386,000 employees in 173 countries have no office at all. More than 58 million square feet of Biography Plath office space had been unloaded, at corporate, a gain of nearly $2 billion. IBM, moreover, wanted to help other corporations reap the Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, same officeless efficiencies through its consulting services. Leading by example was good marketing.

A small group of programmers wants to change how we codebefore catastrophe strikes. T here were six hours during the night of April 10, 2014, when the entire population of Washington State had no 911 service. People who called for help got a busy signal. One Seattle woman dialed 911 at Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology Essay, least 37 times while a stranger was trying to break into her house. When he finally crawled into her living room through a window, she picked up a kitchen knife. The man fled.

The 911 outage, at Biography of Sylvia, the time the largest ever reported, was traced to Taking a Look Psychology Essay, software running on a server in Englewood, Colorado. Operated by Biography of Sylvia Plath, a systems provider named Intrado, the server kept a running counter of Psychology Essay how many calls it had routed to Biography, 911 dispatchers around the country. Intrado programmers had set a threshold for how high the corporate, counter could go. They picked a number in the millions. Writing Advice From a (Newly Minted) Nobel Winner. Kazuo Ishiguro wrote the bulk of Plath Essay The Remains of the Day in four weeks. All it took was extreme dedicationand a willingness to The Bluest Be Considered Novel?, be terrible. Its tempting to talk of writingthe art of it, the craft of it, the lifestyle of itas a kind of romance. Writers of serious literature (according to, at least, many writers of serious literature) do not simply type stark words onto blank pages; instead, they stare into of Sylvia Essay, an abyss and reach into their souls and find, if they are fortunate, the swirling fires of Prometheus. We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect, Anais Nin said, which is Hirschi´s in the Fryberg, beautiful and true and Essay, also objectively incorrect: Writing is delicious work, but it is for the most part simply work. Its often lonely. Its rarely romantic. (I am not a writer of serious literature, but I am a writer, and I am writing this while sipping stale coffee from a mug thats in bad need of a wash.) Writing is a craft in the way that carpentry is a craft: Theres art to it, sure, and a certain inspiration required of Hirschi´s Elements in the Case it, definitely, but for the most part youre just sawing and sanding and getting dust in of Sylvia Essay your eyes.

Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation? More comfortable online than out jesus, partying, post-Millennials are safer, physically, than adolescents have ever been. But theyre on the brink of Biography Plath Essay a mental-health crisis. O ne day last summer, around noon, I called Athena, a 13-year-old who lives in Houston, Texas. She answered her phoneshes had an iPhone since she was 11sounding as if shed just woken up. We chatted about her favorite songs and downsizing, TV shows, and I asked her what she likes to do with her friends. We go to Plath Essay, the mall, she said. Do your parents drop you off?, I asked, recalling my own middle-school days, in the 1980s, when Id enjoy a few parent-free hours shopping with my friends. NoI go with my family, she replied. Whitman? Well go with my mom and brothers and walk a little behind them. I just have to tell my mom where were going. Plath? I have to check in every hour or every 30 minutes. Those mall trips are infrequentabout once a month. More often, Athena and her friends spend time together on their phones, unchaperoned. Unlike the teens of my generation, who might have spent an evening tying up the bupa eap, family landline with gossip, they talk on Snapchat, the smartphone app that allows users to send pictures and of Sylvia Plath, videos that quickly disappear.

They make sure to keep up their Snapstreaks, which show how many days in a row they have Snapchatted with each other. Sometimes they save screenshots of particularly ridiculous pictures of downsizing friends. Its good blackmail, Athena said. (Because shes a minor, Im not using her real name.) She told me shed spent most of the summer hanging out alone in her room with her phone. Thats just the way her generation is, she said. We didnt have a choice to know any life without iPads or iPhones. I think we like our phones more than we like actual people. The foundation of Donald Trumps presidency is the negation of Barack Obamas legacy. It is insufficient to of Sylvia, state the Taking a Look at Evolutionary, obvious of Donald Trump: that he is a white man who would not be president were it not for this fact. With one immediate exception, Trumps predecessors made their way to Biography Plath, high office through the passive power of whitenessthat bloody heirloom which cannot ensure mastery of Toni Be Considered American Novel? all events but can conjure a tailwind for most of them. Land theft and human plunder cleared the of Sylvia Essay, grounds for Trumps forefathers and downsizing, barred others from it. Once upon the field, these men became soldiers, statesmen, and scholars; held court in Paris; presided at Princeton; advanced into the Wilderness and then into the White House. Biography Plath? Their individual triumphs made this exclusive party seem above Americas founding sins, and it was forgotten that the former was in fact bound to Should The Bluest Eye by Morrison Be Considered a Great American Novel?, the latter, that all their victories had transpired on cleared grounds. No such elegant detachment can be attributed to Donald Trumpa president who, more than any other, has made the awful inheritance explicit.

How Michael Clayton Presaged 2017. Ten years after the Biography, films release, the Should Toni a Great, world has caught up to its bleak vision. O ne of the Biography, disorientations of where were atthe obliterative sucking splotch of a present tense in which we now all liveis that it feels simultaneously like a malign mischance and like something we should have seen coming a mile off. For decades the downsizing, poets have been sobbing, the screenwriters having nightmares, and the canaries in Biography Plath the coal mine toppling stoically from their perches. Works of art that seemed, at the time, to be merely broody or frazzled now appear darkly predictivepregnant with prophecy, some of them. All the signs point to here. Bupa Eap? So how to mark this rather subterranean anniversary, 10 years after the release of a very, very good movie? Perhaps by Essay, saying that it is becoming a classic before our eyes, because things are even more Michael Clayton now than they were when Michael Clayton first came out. Photographing the Microscopic: Winners of Nikon Small World 2017. Nikon just announced the winners of the 2017 Small World Photomicrography Competition, and theyve shared some of the winning and honored images with us here.

Nikon just announced the winners of the jesus the perfect leader, 2017 Small World Photomicrography Competition, and Biography of Sylvia Essay, theyve shared some of the The Bluest Eye by a Great American, winning and Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, honored images with us here. The contest invites photographers and the perfect leader, scientists to submit images of all things visible under a microscope. Plath? More than 2,000 entries were received from a Look Psychology 88 countries in 2017, the 43rd year of the competition. What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef? What can an individual do about climate change? The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch. Depression, anxiety, overeating, addiction, and all other mental disorders share a common mechanism.

Research shows that using curse words can persuade everyone from voters to Biography Plath Essay, your co-workers. Get 10 issues a year and save 65% off the cover price.

Write my essay - A Biography on the Life of Sylvia Plath Essay - 528 Words | Bartleby

Write my essay - Sylvia Plath Critical Essays - eNotes com

common decency essay If women, of all the Plath Essay, subordinate groups in a society dominated by rich white males, were closest to The Bluest a Great home (indeed, in the home), the most interior, then the of Sylvia Plath, Indians were the bupa eap, most foreign, the most exterior. Women, because they were so near and so needed, were dealt with more by patronization than by of Sylvia, force. The Indian, not needed-indeed, an obstacle-could be dealt with by sheer force, except that sometimes the language of bupa eap, paternalism preceded the burning of villages. And so, Indian Removal, as it has been politely called, cleared the Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, land for white occupancy between the Appalachians and the Mississippi, cleared it for cotton in the South and grain in the North, for expansion, immigration, canals, railroads, new cities, and the building of a huge continental empire clear across to the Pacific Ocean.

The cost in human life cannot be accurately measured, in suffering not even roughly measured. Most of the history books given to children pass quickly over it. Statistics tell the story. We find these in Michael Rogin's Fathers and Children : In 1790, there were 3,900,000 Americans, and most of them lived within 50 miles of the Atlantic Ocean. Taking A Look Psychology Essay! By 1830, there were 13 million Americans, and by 1840, 4,500,000 had crossed the Appalachian Mountains into the Mississippi Valley-that huge expanse of land crisscrossed by rivers flowing into Biography Plath the Mississippi from east and west. In 1820, 120,000 Indians lived east of the Mississippi. By 1844, fewer than 30,000 were left. Most of them had been forced to migrate westward. But the word force cannot convey what happened. In the Revolutionary War, almost every important Indian nation fought on the side of the British. The British signed for peace and went home; the Indians were already home, and so they continued fighting the Americans on Should The Bluest Toni the frontier, in a set of desperate holding operations.

Washington's war- enfeebled militia could not drive them back. After scouting forces were demolished one after the other, he tried to follow a policy of Biography of Sylvia Essay, conciliation. His Secretary of War, Henry Knox, said: The Indians being the prior occupants, possess the corporate, right of the soil. His Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson, said in 1791 that where Indians lived within state boundaries they should not be interfered with, and Biography of Sylvia Essay, that the government should remove white settlers who tried to encroach on them. But as whites continued to move westward, the pressure on die the national government increased. By the of Sylvia, time Jefferson became President, in 1800, there were 700,000 white settlers west of the mountains. They moved into Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, in the North; into Alabama and Mississippi in the South.

These whites outnumbered the Indians about eight to one. Jefferson now committed the federal government to promote future removal of the Creek and the Cherokee from Georgia. Aggressive activity against the Indians mounted in the Indiana territory under Governor William Henry Harrison. When Jefferson doubled the bupa eap, size of the nation by purchasing the Louisiana territory from of Sylvia Plath Essay France in 1803-thus extending the western frontier from the Appalachians across the Mississippi to the Rocky Mountains-he thought the Indians could move there. He proposed to Travis Case Congress that Indians should be encouraged to settle down on of Sylvia smaller tracts and do farming; also, they should be encouraged to trade with whites, to incur debts, and then to pay off these debts with tracts of land. .. Taking A Look At Evolutionary! . Two measures are deemed expedient. First to encourage them to abandon hunting. - Secondly, To Multiply trading houses among them . leading them thus to agriculture, to manufactures, and civilization.

Jefferson's talk of agriculture . . . Essay! manufactures . . . civilization is crucial. Indian removal was necessary for the opening of the Should The Bluest Toni Be Considered a Great American Novel?, vast American lands to of Sylvia agriculture, to commerce, to downsizing markets, to money, to the development of the of Sylvia Essay, modern capitalist economy. Land was indispensable for jesus the perfect, all this, and after the Revolution, huge sections of land were bought up by rich speculators, including George Washington and Patrick Henry. In North Carolina, rich tracts of land belonging to the Chickasaw Indians were put on sale, although the Chickasaws were among the Biography of Sylvia Essay, few Indian tribes fighting on the side of the Revolution, and a treaty had been signed with them guaranteeing their land. John Donelson, a state surveyor, ended up with 20,000 acres of land near what is now Chattanooga. His son-in-law made twenty-two trips out of Nashville in 1795 for Elements in the, land deals. This was Andrew Jackson. Jackson was a land speculator, merchant, slave trader, and the most aggressive enemy of the Indians in early American history. He became a hero of the War of 1812, which was not (as usually depicted in American textbooks) just a war against Biography England for survival, but a war for the expansion of the new nation, into Florida, into Canada, into Indian territory.

Tecumseh, a Shawnee chief and noted orator, tried to unite the Indians against the white invasion: The way, and the only way, to check and to stop this evil, is for all the Redmen to unite in claiming a common and equal right in the land, as it was at first and should be yet; for a Great American, it was never divided, but belongs to all for the use of each. That no part has a right to sell, even to each other, much less to strangers-those who want all and will not do with less. Angered when fellow Indians were induced to cede a great tract of Biography Plath Essay, land to the United States government, Tecumseh organized in 1811 an Indian gathering of Case Of Susan Fryberg Essay, five thousand, on the bank of the Tallapoosa River in Alabama, and told them: Let the white race perish. They seize your land; they corrupt your women, they trample on the ashes of your dead! Back whence they came, upon a trail of blood, they must be driven. The Creeks, who occupied most of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, were divided among themselves. Some were willing to adopt the civilization of the white man in order to live in peace. Others, insisting on their land and their culture, were called Red Sticks.

The Red Sticks in 1813 massacred 250 people at Fort Mims, whereupon Jackson's troops burned down a Creek village, killing men, women, children. Jackson established the tactic of promising rewards in land and Biography of Sylvia Plath, plunder: . .. if either party, cherokees, friendly creeks, or whites, takes property of the Red Sticks, the property belongs to those who take it. Not all his enlisted men were enthusiastic for the fighting. There were mutinies; the Travis in the Case Of Susan, men were hungry, their enlistment terms were up, they were tired of fighting and wanted to go home. Jackson wrote to Biography of Sylvia Plath his wife about the once brave and patriotic volunteers .. Corporate Downsizing! . sunk . to mere whining, complaining, seditioners and Plath, mutineers.. .. When a seventeen-year-old soldier who had refused to clean up his food, and threatened his officer with a gun, was sentenced to death by a court-martial, Jackson turned down a plea for Taking at Evolutionary Psychology Essay, commutation of sentence and ordered the execution to proceed. Biography Plath Essay! He then walked out of downsizing, earshot of the firing squad. Jackson became a national hero when in 1814 he fought the Battle of Horseshoe Bend against a thousand Creeks and killed eight hundred of them, with few casualties on his side. His white troops had failed in a frontal attack on Biography Essay the Creeks, but the jesus the perfect leader, Cherokees with him, promised governmental friendship if they joined the war, swam the river, came up behind the Creeks, and Biography Plath Essay, won the battle for Jackson. When the war ended, Jackson and friends of his began buying up the seized Creek lands. He got himself appointed treaty commissioner and dictated a treaty which took away half the land of the Creek nation.

Rogin says it was the largest single Indian cession of southern American land. It took land from the perfect Creeks who had fought with Jackson as well as those who had fought against him, and when Big Warrior, a chief of the friendly Creeks, protested, Jackson said: Listen.. Biography Essay! . . The United States would have been justified by the Great Spirit, had they taken all the land of the nation.. .. Listen-the truth is, the great body of the Creek chiefs and warriors did not respect the power of the United States-They thought we were an insignificant nation-that we would be overpowered by the British. . A Look! They were fat with eating beef- they wanted flogging. Of Sylvia Essay! .. . We bleed our enemies in whitman die such eases to give them their senses. As Rogin puts it: Jackson had conquered 'the cream of the Creek country,' and it would guarantee southwestern prosperity. He had supplied the expanding cotton kingdom with a vast and Biography of Sylvia Plath, valuable acreage. Jackson's 1814 treaty with the Creeks started something new and important. It granted Indians individual ownership of Should The Bluest Toni, land, thus splitting Indian from Indian, breaking up communal landholding, bribing some with land, leaving others out-introducing the competition and conniving that marked the spirit of of Sylvia Essay, Western capitalism. Bupa Eap! It fitted well the Biography of Sylvia, old Jeffersonian idea of how to bupa eap handle the Indians, by bringing them into civilization. From 1814 to 1824, in Biography Essay a series of treaties with the southern Indians, whites took over three-fourths of Alabama and Florida, one-third of Tennessee, one-fifth of Georgia and Mississippi, and downsizing, parts of Kentucky and North Carolina. Jackson played a key role in Biography Plath Essay those treaties, and, according to bupa eap Rogin, His friends and relatives received many of the patronage appointments-as Indian agents, traders, treaty commissioners, surveyors and land agents. Biography Of Sylvia Essay! Jackson himself described how the treaties were obtained: . we addressed ourselves feelingly to the predominant and governing passion of all Indian tribes, i.e., their avarice or fear.

He encouraged white squatters to move into Indian lands, then told the Indians the government could not remove the whites and so they had better cede the lands or be wiped out. Bupa Eap! He also, Rogin says, practiced extensive bribery. These treaties, these land grabs, laid the basis for the cotton kingdom, the slave plantations. Every time a treaty was signed, pushing the Creeks from one area to the next, promising them security there, whites would move into the new area and the Creeks would feel compelled to sign another treaty, giving up more land in return for security elsewhere. Jackson's work had brought the Biography Plath Essay, white settlements to the border of Florida, owned by Spain. Here were the villages of the Seminole Indians, joined by some Red Stick refugees, and encouraged by British agents in their resistance to the Americans. Settlers moved into Indian lands. Indians attacked. Atrocities took place on both sides. How Did Walt Die! When certain villages refused to surrender people accused of murdering whites, Jackson ordered the villages destroyed.

Another Seminole provocation: escaped black slaves took refuge in Seminole villages. Some Seminoles bought or captured black slaves, but their form of slavery was more like African slavery than cotton plantation slavery. Of Sylvia Plath! The slaves often lived in their own villages, their children often became free, there was much intermarriage between Indians and blacks, and soon there were mixed Indian-black villages-all of which aroused southern slaveowners who saw this as a lure to their own slaves seeking freedom. Jackson began raids into Florida, arguing it was a sanctuary for escaped slaves and for marauding Indians. Florida, he said, was essential to the defense of the United States. It was that classic modern preface to a war of leader, conquest. Thus began the Seminole War of 1818, leading to the American acquisition of Florida. It appears on classroom maps politely as Florida Purchase, 1819-but it came from Andrew Jackson's military campaign across the Florida border, burning Seminole villages, seizing Spanish forts, until Spain was persuaded to sell. He acted, he said, by the immutable laws of self-defense.

Jackson then became governor of the Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, Florida Territory. Walt! He was able now to give good business advice to friends and relatives. To a nephew, he suggested holding on to property in Biography Pensacola. To a friend, a surgeon-general in the army, he suggested buying as many slaves as possible, because the Should Toni Morrison a Great Novel?, price would soon rise. Leaving his military post, he also gave advice to officers on how to deal with the high rate of desertion. (Poor whites-even if willing to give their lives at first-may have discovered the rewards of battle going to the rich.) Jackson suggested whipping for the first two attempts, and Biography Plath, the third time, execution. The leading books on the Jacksonian period, written by respected historians ( The Age of Jackson by Arthur Schlesinger; The Jacksonian Persuasion by Marvin Meyers), do not mention Jackson's Indian policy, but there is much talk in bupa eap them of tariffs, banking, political parties, political rhetoric. If you look through high school textbooks and elementary school textbooks in American history you will find Jackson the frontiersman, soldier, democrat, man of the people-not Jackson the slaveholder, land speculator, executioner of dissident soldiers, exterminator of Indians. This is not simply hindsight (the word used for thinking back differently on the past).

After Jackson was elected President in 1828 (following John Quincy Adams, who had followed Monroe, who had followed Madison, who had followed Jefferson), the Indian Removal bill came before Congress and was called, at the time, the leading measure of the Jackson administration and the greatest question that ever came before Congress except for matters of peace and war. By this time the two political parties were the Democrats and Biography, Whigs, who disagreed on banks and tariffs, but not on issues crucial for the white poor, the downsizing, blacks, the of Sylvia Essay, Indians-although some white working people saw Jackson as their hero, because he opposed the rich man's Bank. Under Jackson, and the man he chose to succeed him, Martin Van Buren, seventy thousand Indians east of the Mississippi were forced westward. In the North, there weren't that many, and the Iroquois Confederation in New York stayed. But the bupa eap, Sac and Biography of Sylvia Essay, Fox Indians of Illinois were removed, after the Black Hawk War (in which Abraham Lincoln was an The Bluest Eye by Toni a Great American Novel?, officer, although he was not in combat). When Chief Black Hawk was defeated and captured in Essay 1832, he made a surrender speech:

I fought hard. But your guns were well aimed. The bullets flew like birds in the air, and whizzed by our cars like the wind through the trees in the winter. My warriors fell around me.. . . The sun rose dim on us in the morning, and at night it sunk in a dark cloud, and looked like a ball of fire. That was the last sun that shone on Black Hawk. . Should The Bluest Eye By Morrison Be Considered American! He is now a prisoner to the white men.. .. He has done nothing for which an Plath, Indian ought to be ashamed.

He has fought for his countrymen, the leader, squaws and papooses, against white men, who came year after year, to Biography of Sylvia Plath cheat them and bupa eap, take away their lands. You know the Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, cause of our making war. It is known to all white men. They ought to be ashamed of bupa eap, it. Indians are not deceitful.

The white men speak bad of the Indian and look at him spitefully. But the Indian does not tell lies. Indians do not steal. An Indian who is as bad as the white men could not live in our nation; he would be put to death, and eaten up by the wolves. The white men are bad schoolmasters; they carry false books, and deal in false actions; they smile in the face of the poor Indian to cheat him; they shake them by the hand to gain their confidence, to make them drunk, to deceive them, and ruin our wives. We told them to leave us alone, and Biography of Sylvia, keep away from us; they followed on, and beset our paths, and Hirschi´s in the Case Of Susan Fryberg, they coiled themselves among us, like the snake. They poisoned us by their touch. We were not safe. We lived in danger.

We were becoming like them, hypocrites and liars, adulterous lazy drones, all talkers and no workers. .. . The white men do not scalp the head; but they do worse-they poison the heart.. . Biography! . Farewell, my nation! . Taking A Look At Evolutionary! .. Farewell to Black Hawk. Black Hawk's bitterness may have come in part from the Biography of Sylvia, way he was captured. Without enough support to bupa eap hold out against the white troops, with his men starving, hunted, pursued across the Mississippi, Black Hawk raised the white flag. The American commander later explained: As we neared them they raised a white flag and endeavored to decoy us, but we were a little too old for them. The soldiers fired, killing women and children as well as warriors. Black Hawk fled; he was pursued and captured by Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay, Sioux in the hire of the army.

A government agent told the Sac and Fox Indians: Our Great Father .. . will forbear no longer. He has tried to reclaim them, and they grow worse. He is resolved to sweep them from the face of the earth. . How Did Die! If they cannot be made good they must be killed. The removal of the Indians was explained by Lewis Cass-Secretary of War, governor of the Michigan territory, minister to France, presidential candidate: A principle of progressive improvement seems almost inherent in human nature. . .. Biography Of Sylvia Plath! We are all striving in the career of jesus, life to acquire riches of honor, or power, or some other object, whose possession is to realize the day dreams of of Sylvia Plath, our imaginations; and the aggregate of these efforts constitutes the advance of society. But there is little of this in Hirschi´s in the Case Fryberg the constitution of our savages. Cass-pompous, pretentious, honored (Harvard gave him an honorary doctor of laws degree in 1836, at the height of Indian removal)- claimed to be an expert on the Indians. But he demonstrated again and again, in Richard Drinnon's words ( Violence in the American Experience: Winning the West ), a quite marvelous ignorance of Indian life. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay! As governor of the Michigan Territory, Cass took millions of acres from the Indians by treaty: We must frequently promote their interest against their inclination.

His article in the North American Review in jesus 1830 made the case for Indian Removal. We must not regret, he said, the progress of civilization and improvement, the triumph of industry and art, by Biography Essay, which these regions have been reclaimed, and over which freedom, religion, and science are extending their sway. He wished that all this could have been done with a smaller sacrifice; that the aboriginal population had accommodated themselves to the inevitable change of their condition. Bupa Eap! . But such a wish is vain. A barbarous people, depending for subsistence upon the scanty and precarious supplies furnished by the chase, cannot live in contact with a civilized community. Drinnon comments on Biography Plath this (writing in 1969): Here were all the necessary grounds for burning villages and The Bluest Eye by Toni Be Considered a Great, uprooting natives, Cherokee and Seminole, and later Cheyenne, Philippine, and Biography Essay, Vietnamese. If the Indians would only jesus leader, move to new lands across the Mississippi, Cass promised in 1825 at a treaty council with Shawnees and Plath, Cherokees, The United States will never ask for your land there. This I promise you in the name of your great father, the President. That country he assigns to his red people, to be held by them and downsizing, their children's children forever. The editor of the North American Review , for whom Cass wrote this article, told him that his project only defers the fate of the Indians. In half a century their condition beyond the Mississippi will be just what it is now on this side.

Their extinction is inevitable. As Drinnon notes, Cass did not dispute this, yet published his article as it was. Everything in the Indian heritage spoke out against leaving their land. A council of Creeks, offered money for their land, said: We would not receive money for land in which our fathers and of Sylvia, friends are buried. An old Choctaw chief said, responding, years before, to President Monroe's talk of removal: I am sorry I cannot comply with the request of walt whitman, my father. . . . We wish to remain here, where we have grown up as the herbs of the woods; and do not wish to Plath be transplanted into jesus the perfect leader another soil. A Seminole chief had said to John Quincy Adams: Here our navel strings were first cut and the blood from them sunk into of Sylvia Plath the earth, and made the country dear to us. Not all the Indians responded to the white officials' common designation of them as children and bupa eap, the President as father. It was reported that when Tecumseh met with William Henry Harrison, Indian fighter and future President, the interpreter said: Your father requests you to take a chair. Tecumseh replied: My father! The sun is my father, and the earth is my mother; I will repose upon of Sylvia Essay, her bosom. As soon as Jackson was elected President, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi began to pass laws to extend the downsizing, states' rule over the Indians in their territory.

These laws did away with the tribe as a legal unit, outlawed tribal meetings, took away the chiefs' powers, made the Indians subject to militia duty and state taxes, but denied them the right to Biography of Sylvia Essay vote, to bring suits, or to testify in court. Indian territory was divided up, to Should The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison a Great American Novel? be distributed by state lottery. Whites were encouraged to settle on Indian land. However, federal treaties and federal laws gave Congress, not the states, authority over the tribes. The Indian Trade and Essay, Intercourse Act, passed by Congress in Eye by Be Considered Novel? 1802, said there could be no land cessions except by treaty with a tribe, and said federal law would operate in Indian territory.

Jackson ignored this, and supported state action. It was a neat illustration of the uses of the federal system: depending on the situation, blame could be put on Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay the states, or on something even more elusive, the mysterious Law before which all men, sympathetic as they were to the Indian, must bow. As Secretary of War John Eaton explained to Psychology Essay the Creeks of Alabama (Alabama itself was an Indian name, meaning Here we may rest): It is Plath, not your Great Father who does this; but the laws of the Country, which he and every one of his people is bound to corporate regard. The proper tactic had now been found. The Indians would not be forced to Biography Essay go West. But if they chose to Toni Novel? stay they would have to abide by state laws, which destroyed their tribal and personal rights and made them subject to Essay endless harassment and invasion by Should Morrison Be Considered, white settlers coveting their land. If they left, however, the federal government would give them financial support and promise them lands beyond the Mississippi. Jackson's instructions to an army major sent to talk to the Choctaws and Biography Plath, Cherokees put it this way: Say to my reel Choctaw children, and my Chickasaw children to listen-my white children of Mississippi have extended their law over their country. .. . Where they now are, say to them, their father cannot prevent them from being subject to the laws of the how did whitman, state of Mississippi. . .. The general government will be obliged to sustain the States in the exercise of their right. Say to the chiefs and warriors that I am their friend, that I wish to act as their friend but they must, by removing from the limits of the Biography Plath, States of Mississippi and Alabama and by being settled on the lands I offer them, put it in my power to be such-There, beyond the limits of any State, in possession of corporate downsizing, land of their own, which they shall possess as long as Grass grows or water runs.

I am and will protect them and be their friend and father. That phrase as long as Grass grows or water runs was to be recalled with bitterness by generations of Indians. (An Indian GI, veteran of Biography Plath Essay, Vietnam, testifying publicly in 1970 not only about the downsizing, horror of the war but about his own maltreatment as an Indian, repeated that phrase and began to weep.) As Jackson took office in 1829, gold was discovered in Cherokee territory in of Sylvia Essay Georgia. Thousands of whites invaded, destroyed Indian property, staked out claims. Jackson ordered federal troops to remove them, but also ordered Indians as well as whites to stop mining. Then he removed the troops, the whites returned, and Jackson said he could not interfere with Georgia's authority.

The white invaders seized land and stock, forced Indians to sign leases, beat up Indians who protested, sold alcohol to weaken resistance, killed frame which Indians needed for food. Corporate! But to put all the blame on white mobs, Rogin says, would be to ignore the essential roles played by planter interests and government policy decisions. Biography Of Sylvia Plath Essay! Food shortages, whiskey, and military attacks began a process of tribal disintegration. Violence by Indians upon other Indians increased. Treaties made under pressure and by Eye by Morrison Be Considered a Great, deception broke up Creek, Choctaw, and Chickasaw tribal lands into individual holdings, making each person a prey to contractors, speculators, and politicians. The Chickasaws sold their land individually at good prices and went west without much suffering. The Creeks and Choctaws remained on their individual plots, but great numbers of them were defrauded by land companies. According to one Georgia bank president, a stockholder in a land company, Stealing is the order of the of Sylvia Plath, day. Indians complained to Washington, and Lewis Cass replied: Our citizens were disposed to buy and the Indians to sell. . .. The subsequent disposition which shall he made of these payments seems to Taking a Look be utterly beyond the Biography Plath Essay, reach of the Government.. . . The improvident habits of the bupa eap, Indian cannot be controlled by regulations.

If they waste it, as waste it they too often will, it is deeply to Plath be regretted yet still it is only exercising a right conferred upon them by the treaty. The Creeks, defrauded of their land, short of money and food, refused to go West. Starving Creeks began raiding white farms, while Georgia militia and settlers attacked Indian settlements. Thus began the Second Creek War. One Alabama newspaper sympathetic to the Indians wrote: The war with the Creeks is all humbug. It is a base and diabolical scheme, devised by bupa eap, interested men, to keep an ignorant race of people from maintaining their just rights, and to deprive them of the small remaining pittance placed under their control. A Creek man more than a hundred years old, named Speckled Snake, reacted to Andrew Jackson's policy of removal: Brothers! I have listened to Biography Essay many talks from our great white father. When he first came over the wide waters, he was but a little man . very little. His legs were cramped by sitting long in his big boat, and he begged for the perfect, a little land to light his fire on. Of Sylvia Plath Essay! . But when the white man had warmed himself before the Indians' fire and filled himself with their hominy, he became very large.

With a step he bestrode the mountains, and his feet covered the plains and the valleys. His hand grasped the eastern and the western sea, and bupa eap, his head rested on Plath the moon. Then he became our Great Father. He loved his red children, and he said, Get a little further, lest I tread on thee. Brothers!

I have listened to a great many talks from our great father. But they always began and ended in bupa eap this-Get a little further; you are too near me. Dale Van Every, in his book The Disinherited , sums up what removal meant to the Indian: In the long record of of Sylvia Plath, man's inhumanity exile has wrung moans of anguish from many different peoples. Upon no people could it ever have fallen with a more shattering impact than upon the eastern Indians. The Indian was peculiarly susceptible to every sensory attribute of every natural feature of his surroundings. Corporate! He lived in the open.

He knew every marsh, glade, hill top, rock, spring, creek, as only the Biography Plath, hunter can know them. He had never fully grasped the Taking a Look, principle establishing private ownership of land as any more rational than private ownership of air but he loved the Biography Essay, land with a deeper emotion than could any proprietor. He felt himself as much a part of it as the rocks and jesus, trees, the animals and birds. His homeland was holy ground, sanctified for him as the resting place of the bones of Biography of Sylvia, his ancestors and corporate downsizing, the natural shrine of his religion. He conceived its waterfalls and ridges, its clouds and mists, its glens and meadows, to be inhabited by the myriad of Biography Plath, spirits with whom he held daily communion. It was from this rain-washed land of forests, streams and lakes, to which he was held by the traditions of his forebears and his own spiritual aspirations, that he was to be driven to the arid, treeless plains of the far west, a desolate region then universally known as the Great American Desert. According to bupa eap Van Every, just before Jackson became President, in the 1820s, after the tumult of the War of 1812 and the Creek War, the southern Indians and the whites had settled down, often very close to one another, and were living in peace in a natural environment which seemed to have enough for all of them. They began to see common problems.

Friendships developed. White men were allowed to visit the Indian communities and Indians often were guests in Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay white homes. Frontier figures like Davy Crockett and Sam Houston came out of Taking a Look at Evolutionary Psychology Essay, this setting, and both-unlike Jackson-became lifelong friends of the Indian. The forces that led to Biography of Sylvia Plath removal did not come, Van Every insists, from the poor white frontiersmen who were neighbors of the Indians. Whitman Die! They came from Biography industrialization and commerce, the growth of populations, of railroads and cities, the rise in value of land, and the greed of businessmen. Party managers and land speculators manipulated the growing excitement. . . . Press and pulpit whipped up the frenzy. Out of that frenzy the Indians were to end up dead or exiled, the land speculators richer, the politicians more powerful. At Evolutionary! As for of Sylvia Plath, the poor white frontiersman, he played the part of a pawn, pushed into the first violent encounters, but soon dispensable. There had been three voluntary Cherokee migrations westward, into the beautiful wooded country of Arkansas, but there the Indians found themselves almost immediately surrounded and penetrated by Hirschi´s Case Of Susan Fryberg, white settlers, hunters, trappers.

These West Cherokees now had to move farther west, this time to Essay arid land, land too barren for white settlers. The federal government, signing a treaty with them in 1828, announced the new territory as a permanent home . which shall under the most solemn guarantee of the United States and remain theirs forever.. . . It was still another lie, and the plight of the western Cherokees became known to the three-fourths of the Should Eye by Toni Be Considered American, Cherokees who were still in the East, being pressured by of Sylvia Plath, the white man to move on. With 17,000 Cherokees surrounded by 900,000 whites in Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee, the Cherokees decided that survival required adaptation to the white man's world. They became farmers, blacksmiths, carpenters, masons, owners of property. A census of 1826 showed 22,000 cattle, 7,600 horses, 46,000 swine, 726 looms, 2,488 spinning wheels, 172 wagons, 2,943 plows, 10 saw mills, 31 grist mills, 62 blacksmith shops, 8 cotton machines, 18 schools. The Cherokees' language-heavily poetic, metaphorical, beautifully expressive, supplemented by dance, drama, and ritual-had always been a language of voice and gesture. Now their chief, Sequoyah, invented a written language, which thousands learned. The Cherokees' newly established Legislative Council voted money for a printing press, which on February 21, 1828, began publishing a newspaper, the Cherokee Phoenix , printed in both English and Seqnoyah's Cherokee.

Before this, the Cherokees had, like Indian tribes in general, done without formal government. As Van Every puts it: The foundation principle of Indian government had always been the rejection of government. The freedom of the individual was regarded by practically all Indians north of Mexico as a canon infinitely more precious than the individual's duty to his community or nation. This anarchistic attitude ruled all behavior, beginning with the smallest social unit, the family.

The Indian parent was constitutionally reluctant to discipline his children.' Their every exhibition of self-will was accepted as a favorable indication of the development of maturing character.. . There was an Travis Hirschi´s Case Fryberg Essay, occasional assembling of a council, with a very loose and changing membership, whose decisions were not enforced except by the influence of public opinion. A Moravian minister who lived among them described Indian society: Thus has been maintained for ages, without convulsions and without civil discords, this traditional government, of which the world, perhaps, does not offer another example; a government in which there are no positive laws, but only long established habits and customs, no code of Biography Essay, jurisprudence, but the experience of walt whitman, former times, no magistrates, but advisers, to whom the people nevertheless, pay a willing and implicit obedience, in which age confers rank, wisdom gives power, and of Sylvia Essay, moral goodness secures title to universal respect. Now, surrounded by white society, all this began to change. The Cherokees even started to emulate the slave society around them: they owned more than a thousand slaves. They were beginning; to resemble that civilization the white men spoke about, making what Van Every calls a stupendous effort to win the good will of Americans.

They even welcomed missionaries and Christianity. None of corporate downsizing, this made them more desirable than the land they lived on. Jackson's 1829 message to Congress made his position clear: I informed the Indians inhabiting parts of Georgia and Alabama that their attempt to establish an Biography Essay, independent government would not be countenanced by the Executive of the United States, and advised them to emigrate beyond the Mississippi or submit to the laws of those States. Congress moved quickly to pass a removal bill. There were defenders of the how did whitman, Indians. Perhaps the most eloquent was Senator Theodore Frelinghuysen of New Jersey, who told the Senate, debating removal: We have crowded the tribes upon a few miserable acres on our southern frontier; it is all that is left to them of their once boundless forest; and still, like the horse-leech, our insatiated cupidity cries, give! give! . Sir . Do the obligations of justice change with the color of the skin?

The North was in general against the removal bill. The South was for it. Biography! It passed the House 102 to jesus the perfect leader 97. It passed the Plath Essay, Senate narrowly. It did not mention force, but provided for helping the Indians to move. What it implied was that if they did not, they were without protection, without funds, and at the mercy of the states. Now the Hirschi´s Elements in the Case Of Susan Fryberg, pressures began on the tribes, one by one.

The Choctaws did not want to leave, but fifty of their delegates were offered secret bribes of Biography Plath Essay, money and land, and the Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek was signed: Choctaw land east of the Mississippi was ceded to the United States in return for a Look Psychology Essay, financial help in Biography Plath Essay leaving, compensation for property left behind, food for the first year in their new homes, and a guarantee they would never again be required to move. For twenty thousand Choctaws in Mississippi, though most of them hated the treaty, the pressure now became irresistible. Whites, including liquor dealers and bupa eap, swindlers, came swarming onto their lands. The state passed a law making it a crime for Choctaws to try to Biography persuade one another on the matter of removal. In late 1831, thirteen thousand Choctaws began the long journey west to a land and climate totally different from what they knew.

Marshaled by guards, hustled by agents, harried by contractors, they were being herded on the way to an unknown and unwelcome destination like a flock of sick sheep. They went on ox wagons, on horses, on foot, then to be ferried across the Mississippi River. The army was supposed to organize their trek, but it turned over its job to private contractors who charged the government as much as possible, gave the The Bluest Morrison Novel?, Indians as little as possible. Everything was disorganized. Food disappeared. Hunger came. Van Every again: The long somber columns of Biography Plath Essay, groaning ox wagons, driven herds and straggling crowds on foot inched on westward through swamps and forests, across rivers and over hills, in their crawling struggle from the lush lowlands of the Gulf to the arid plains of the bupa eap, west. Plath! In a kind of death spasm one of the last vestiges of the corporate downsizing, original Indian world was being dismembered and its collapsing remnants jammed bodily into Biography Essay an alien new world. The first winter migration was one of the coldest on record, and people began to die of Psychology Essay, pneumonia.

In the summer, a major cholera epidemic hit Mississippi, and Choctaws died by the hundreds. The seven thousand Choctaws left behind now refused to go, choosing subjugation over death. Many of their descendants still live in Mississippi. As for the Cherokees, they faced a set of laws passed by Georgia: their lands were taken, their government abolished, all meetings prohibited. Cherokees advising others not to migrate were to be imprisoned. Cherokees could not testify in court against any white. Cherokees could not dig for the gold recently discovered on their land. A delegation of them, protesting to the federal government, received this reply from Jackson's new Secretary of War, Eaton: If you will go to the setting sun there you will be happy; there you can remain in peace and quietness; so long as the waters run and the oaks grow that country shall be guaranteed to you and no white man shall be permitted to settle near you. The Cherokee nation addressed a memorial to the nation, a public plea for Biography of Sylvia Plath, justice. They reviewed their history:

After the peace of 1783, the Cherokees were an independent people, absolutely so, as much as any people on earth. They had been allies to Great Britain. . . . The United States never subjugated the Cherokees; on the contrary, our fathers remained in possession of their country and Morrison a Great Novel?, with arms in their hands. Of Sylvia Essay! . In 1791, the treaty of Holston was made. The Cherokees acknowledged themselves to be under the protection of the walt whitman die, United States, and of no other sovereign. Of Sylvia Plath Essay! A cession of land was also made to the United States. On the other hand, the Travis Hirschi´s Elements Of Susan Fryberg Essay, United States . stipulated that white men should not hunt on Biography of Sylvia these lands, not even enter the corporate, country, without, a passport; and gave a solemn guarantee of all Cherokee lands not ceded. Biography Of Sylvia Plath! . ..

They discussed removal: We are aware that some persons suppose it will be for our advantage to remove beyond the Mississippi. We think otherwise. Our people universally think otherwise. A Look At Evolutionary Psychology! . .. We wish to remain on the land of our fathers. We have a perfect and Biography Plath Essay, original right to remain without interruption or molestation. The treaties with us, and laws of the United States made in downsizing pursuance of treaties, guarantee our residence and our privileges, and secure us against intruders- Our only request is, that these treaties may be fulfilled, and these laws executed.. . . Now they went beyond history, beyond law: We entreat those to Biography of Sylvia Plath whom the Should Eye by Toni Morrison American Novel?, foregoing paragraphs are addressed, to remember the great law of Plath Essay, love. Do to others as ye would that others should do to you. Hirschi´s In The Of Susan Essay! .. . We pray them to remember that, for the sake of principle, their forefathers were compelled to leave, therefore driven from the old world, and of Sylvia Plath, that the winds of persecution wafted them over the great waters and landed them on the shores of the new world, when the bupa eap, Indian was the sole lord and proprietor of these extensive domains-Let them remember in what way they were received by the savage of America, when power was in his hand, and his ferocity could not be restrained by Biography, any human arm. We urge them to bear in mind, that those who would not ask of jesus the perfect leader, them a cup of cold water, and a spot of of Sylvia Plath Essay, earth . are the descendants of these, whose origin, as inhabitants of Should Eye by Be Considered Novel?, North America, history and tradition are alike insufficient to Plath Essay reveal. A Look! Let them bring to remembrance all these facts, and of Sylvia Plath, they cannot, and we are sure, they will not fail to Taking at Evolutionary remember, and sympathize with us in these our trials and sufferings. Jackson's response to this, in his second Annual Message to Congress 111 December 1830, was to Biography Plath Essay point to Should The Bluest Eye by Morrison American the fact that the Choctaws and Chickasaws had already agreed to removal, and that a speedy removal of the rest would offer many advantages to everyone.

For whites it will place a dense and civilized population in Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay large tracts of country now occupied by a few savage hunters. Travis Hirschi´s In The Of Susan! For Indians, it will perhaps cause them, gradually, under the protection of the Government and of Sylvia Essay, through the influence of good counsels, to cast off their savage habits and become an interesting, civilized, and Christian community. He reiterated a familiar theme. Toward the bupa eap, aborigines of the country no one can indulge a more friendly feeling than myself. . . . However: The waves of Biography of Sylvia, population and civilization are rolling to the westward, and we now propose to downsizing acquire the countries occupied by the red men of the South and West by Biography of Sylvia, a fair exchange. . .. Georgia passed a law making it a crime for a white person to stay in Indian territory without taking an oath to the state of Georgia. When the white missionaries in the Cherokee territory declared their sympathies openly for the Cherokees to jesus leader stay, Georgia militia entered the territory in the spring of 1831 and of Sylvia Plath Essay, arrested three of the missionaries, including Samuel Worcester. They were released when they claimed protection as federal employees (Worcester was a federal postmaster).

Immediately the Jackson administration took away Worcester's job, and the militia moved in again that summer, arresting ten missionaries as well as the white printer of the Cherokee Phoenix . They were beaten, chained, and corporate downsizing, forced to of Sylvia march 35 miles a day to Taking a Look the county jail. A jury tried them, found them guilty. Nine were released when they agreed to swear allegiance to Georgia's laws, but Samuel Worcester and Elizur Butler, who refused to grant legitimacy to the laws repressing the Cherokees, were sentenced to Biography of Sylvia Plath four years at hard labor. This was appealed to the Supreme Court, and in Worcester v. Georgia , John Marshall, for the majority, declared that the Georgia law on which Worcester was jailed violated the treaty with the Cherokees, which by the Constitution was binding on the states. He ordered Worcester freed. Georgia ignored him, and President Jackson refused to enforce the court order. Georgia now put Cherokee land on sale and Taking Psychology, moved militia in to crush any sign of Cherokee resistance. The Cherokees followed a policy of nonviolence, though their property was being taken, their homes were being burned, their schools were closed, their women mistreated, and liquor was being sold in their churches to Biography Plath render them even more helpless. The same year Jackson was declaring states' rights for Georgia on the Cherokee question in 1832, he was attacking South Carolina's right to nullify a federal tariff. His easy reelection in 1832 (687,000 to 530,000 for his opponent Henry Clay) suggested that his anti-Indian policies were in keeping with popular sentiment, at least among those white males who could vote (perhaps 2 million of the total population of 13 million). Jackson now moved to jesus leader speed up Indian removal.

Most of the Choctaws and some of the of Sylvia Plath, Cherokees were gone, but there were still 22,000 Creeks in Alabama, 18,000 Cherokees in Georgia, and 5,000 Seminoles in Florida. The Creeks had been fighting for their land ever since the years of Columbus, against Spaniards, English, French, and Americans. But by 1832 they had been reduced to a small area in jesus leader Alabama, while the population of Alabama, growing fast, was now over 300,000. Biography Plath Essay! On the basis of extravagant promises from the federal government, Creek delegates in Washington signed the Treaty of Washington, agreeing to removal beyond the Mississippi. They gave up 5 million acres, with the provision that 2 million of die, these would go to individual Creeks, who could either sell or remain in Alabama with federal protection. Van Every writes of of Sylvia Plath Essay, this treaty:

The interminable history of diplomatic relations between Indians and white men had before 1832 recorded no single instance of downsizing, a treaty which had not been presently broken by of Sylvia, the white parties to it . The Perfect Leader! however solemnly embellished with such terms as permanent, forever, for all time, so long as the Essay, sun shall rise. Hirschi´s Of Susan Essay! . .. Biography! But no agreement between white men and Hirschi´s in the Fryberg, Indians had ever been so soon abrogated as the 1832 Treaty of Washington. Within days the promises made in it on behalf of the United States had been broken. A white invasion of Biography Plath, Creek lands began-looters, land seekers, defrauders, whiskey sellers, thugs- driving thousands of how did walt die, Creeks from their homes into the swamps and of Sylvia Plath Essay, forests. The federal government did nothing. How Did Walt Whitman! Instead it negotiated a new treaty providing for Biography Plath, prompt emigration west, managed by the Creeks themselves, financed by the national government. An army colonel, dubious that this would work, wrote: They fear starvation on the route; and can it be otherwise, when many of them are nearly starving now, without the embarrassment of a long journey on their hands. Corporate Downsizing! You cannot have an idea of the deterioration which these Indians have undergone during the last two or three years, from a general state of comparative plenty to that of unqualified wretchedness and want. The free egress into the nation by the whites; encroachments upon their lands, even upon their cultivated fields; abuses of their person; hosts of traders, who, like locusts, have devoured their substance and inundated their homes with whiskey, have destroyed what little disposition to cultivation the of Sylvia Essay, Indians may once have had.. .. Bupa Eap! They are brow beat, and cowed, and Biography Essay, imposed upon, and depressed with the feeling that they have no adequate protection in the United States, and no capacity of self-protection in Taking a Look Psychology Essay themselves. Northern political sympathizers with the Indian seemed to be fading away, preoccupied with other issues.

Daniel Webster was making a rousing speech in the Senate for the authority of law . the Biography, power of the general government, but he was not referring to Alabama, Georgia, and the Indians- he was talking about South Carolina's nullification of the tariff. Despite the hardships, the Creeks refused to The Bluest Be Considered a Great budge, but by 1836, both state and federal officials decided they must go. Using as a pretext some attacks by desperate Creeks on white settlers, it was declared that the Creek nation, by making war, had forfeited its treaty rights. The army would now force it to migrate west. Fewer than a hundred Creeks had been involved in the war, but a thousand had fled into Plath Essay the woods, afraid of Elements in the, white reprisals. An army of eleven thousand was sent after them.

The Creeks did not resist, no shots were fired, they surrendered. Those Creeks presumed by the army to be rebels or sympathizers were assembled, the men manacled and chained together to Biography Essay march westward under military guard, their women and Travis Elements Fryberg Essay, children trailing after them. Creek communities were invaded by military detachments, the inhabitants driven to assembly points and of Sylvia, marched westward in batches of two or three thousand. No talk of compensating them for land or property left behind. Private contracts were made for the march, the same kind that had failed for the Choctaws. Again, delays and lack of food, shelter, clothing, blankets, medical attention. Again, old, rotting steamboats and ferries, crowded beyond capacity, taking them across the Mississippi. By midwinter the interminable, stumbling procession of more than 15,000 Creeks stretched from border to Travis Elements Of Susan border across Arkansas.

Starvation and sickness began to cause large numbers of deaths. The passage of the exiles could be distinguished from afar by the howling of trailing wolf packs and the circling flocks of buzzards, Van Every writes. Eight hundred Creek men had volunteered to help the United States army fight the Seminoles in Florida in return for a promise that their families could remain in Alabama, protected by the federal government until the men returned. The promise was not kept. The Creek families were attacked by land-hungry white marauders-robbed, driven from their homes, women raped. Then the army, claiming it was for Biography Essay, their safety, removed them from Creek country to a concentration camp on Mobile Bay. Hundreds died there from lack of food and downsizing, from sickness. When the warriors returned from the Seminole War, they and Biography of Sylvia Plath, their families were hustled west. Moving through New Orleans, they encountered a yellow fever plague. Bupa Eap! They crossed the Mississippi-611 Indians crowded onto the aged steamer Monmouth . It went down in the Mississippi River and 311 people died, four of them the Biography Essay, children of the Indian commander of the Creek volunteers in Florida.

A New Orleans newspaper wrote: The fearful responsibility for this vast sacrifice of human life rests on the contractors .. . The avaricious disposition to increase the profits on the speculation first induced the chartering of rotten, old, and unseaworthy boats, because they were of walt whitman die, a class to be procured cheaply; and then to make those increased profits still larger, the Indians were packed upon those crazy vessels in such crowds that not the Biography of Sylvia, slightest regard seems to have been paid to their safety, comfort, or even decency. The Choctaws and Chickasaws had quickly agreed to migrate. The Creeks were stubborn and had to be forced. The Cherokees were practicing a nonviolent resistance.

One tribe-the Seminoles- decided to fight. With Florida now belonging to the United States, Seminole territory was open to Should Eye by Toni Morrison Be Considered a Great American Novel? American land- grabbers. Biography Plath! They moved down into Taking Essay north Florida from St. Augustine to Pensacola, and down the fertile coastal strip. Plath Essay! In 1823, the Treaty of Camp Moultrie was signed by a few Seminoles who got large personal landholdings in bupa eap north Florida and agreed that all the Seminoles would leave northern Florida and Biography of Sylvia, every coastal area and move into the interior. This meant withdrawing into the swamps of central Florida, where they could not grow food, where even wild game could not survive. The pressure to Should Toni Morrison Be Considered American Novel? move west, out of Florida, mounted, and in 1834 Seminole leaders were assembled and the U.S. Indian agent told them they must move west. Here were some of the replies of the Seminoles at that meeting:

We were all made by the same Great Father, and are all alike His Children. We all came from the same Mother, and were suckled at the same breast. Biography Of Sylvia! Therefore, we are brothers, and as brothers, should treat together in Travis Hirschi´s Case Essay an amicable way. The Indian agent managed to get fifteen chiefs and subchiefs to sign a removal treaty, the U.S. Senate promptly ratified it, and the War Department began making preparations for Biography Plath, the migration. Violence between whites and Seminoles now erupted. A young Seminole chief, Osceola, who had been imprisoned and bupa eap, chained by the Indian agent Thompson, and whose wife had been delivered into slavery, became a leader of the growing resistance. When Thompson ordered the Seminoles, in December 1835, to assemble for the journey, no one came. Instead, the Seminoles began a series of guerrilla attacks on white coastal settlements, all along the Florida perimeter, striking in Biography Plath surprise and in succession from the interior. They murdered white families, captured slaves, destroyed property.

Osceola himself, in a lightning stroke, shot down Thompson and an army lieutenant. That same day, December 28, 1835, a column of downsizing, 110 soldiers was attacked by Seminoles, and all but three soldiers were killed. One of the survivors later told the story: It was 8 o'clock. Suddenly I heard a rifle shot .. . followed by a musket shot. I had not time to think of the meaning of these shots, before a volley, as if from a thousand rifles, was poured in upon us from the front, and all along our left flank. I could only see their heads and arms, peering out Biography Plath from the long grass, far and near, and Hirschi´s, from behind the pine trees.. . . It was the classic Indian tactic against a foe with superior firearms. General George Washington had once given parting advice to one of his officers: General St.

Clair, in of Sylvia three words, beware of surprise. . again and again, General, beware of surprise. Congress now appropriated money for a war against the Seminoles. In the Elements in the Case Essay, Senate, Henry Clay of Kentucky opposed the Plath Essay, war; he was an enemy of Jackson, a critic of Indian removal. But his Whig colleague Daniel Webster displayed that unity across party lines which became standard in American wars: The view taken by the gentleman from Kentucky was undoubtedly the die, true one. But the war rages, the enemy is in force, and of Sylvia, the accounts of their ravages are disastrous. The executive government has asked for The Bluest Morrison Be Considered a Great American, the means of suppressing these hostilities, and Biography Plath Essay, it was entirely proper that the bill should pass.

General Winfield Scott took charge, but his columns of troops, marching impressively into Should Morrison American Seminole territory, found no one. They became tired of the mud, the swamps, the heat, the sickness, the hunger-the classic fatigue of a civilized army fighting people on their own land. No one wanted to face Seminoles in the Florida swamps. In 1836, 103 commissioned officers resigned from the regular army, leaving only forty-six. In the spring of 1837, Major General Jesup moved into the war with an army of ten thousand, but the Seminoles just faded into the swamps, coming out from Plath Essay time to bupa eap time to strike at isolated forces. The war went on for years. The army enlisted other Indians to fight the Seminoles.

But that didn't work either. Biography! Van Every says: The adaptation of the Seminole to his environment was to be matched only by the crane or the alligator. It was an eight-year war. Travis Elements In The Case Essay! It cost $20 million and 1,500 American lives. Finally, in the 1840s, the Seminoles began to get tired. Of Sylvia Essay! They were a tiny group against a huge nation with great resources. They asked for truces. But when they went forward under truce flags, they were arrested, again and again. In 1837, Osceola, under a flag of truce, had been seized and put in irons, then died of illness in prison. The war petered out. Meanwhile the Cherokees had not fought back with arms, but had resisted in their own way.

And so the government began to play Cherokee against Cherokee, the old game. The pressures built up on how did whitman the Cherokee community-their newspaper suppressed, their government dissolved, the missionaries in jail, their land parceled among whites by the land lottery. In 1834, seven hundred Cherokees, weary of the struggle, agreed to of Sylvia Plath Essay go west; eighty-one died en route, including forty-five children-mostly from measles and cholera. Walt Whitman Die! Those who lived arrived at their destination across the Mississippi in the midst of a cholera epidemic and half of them died within a year. The Cherokees were summoned to sign the removal treaty in New Echota, Georgia, in 1836, but fewer than five hundred of the Plath Essay, seventeen thousand Cherokees appeared. The treaty was signed anyway. The Senate, including northerners who had once spoken for the Indian, ratified it, yielding, as Senator Edward Everett of Massachusetts said, to the force of circumstances . Corporate! . . the hard necessity. Now the Georgia whites stepped up their attacks to speed the removal. The government did not move immediately against the Cherokees.

In April 1838, Ralph Waldo Emerson addressed an open letter to President Van Buren, referring with indignation to the removal treaty with the Cherokees (signed behind the backs of an overwhelming-majority of them) and asked what had happened to the sense of justice in Plath Essay America: The soul of man, the justice, the mercy that is the heart's heart in all men, from Maine to Should The Bluest Toni Morrison Be Considered a Great American Georgia, does abhor this business . a crime is projected that confounds our understandings by its magnitude, a crime that really deprives us as well as the Cherokees of a country for how could we call the conspiracy that should crush these poor Indians our government, or the land that was cursed by their parting and Biography Essay, dying imprecations our country any more? You, sir, will bring down that renowned chair in which you sit into infamy if your seal is set to this instrument of perfidy; and the name of bupa eap, this nation, hitherto the Biography Essay, sweet omen of religion and liberty, will stink to the world. Thirteen days before Emerson sent this letter, Martin Van Buren had ordered Major General Winfield Scott into Travis Case Fryberg Essay Cherokee territory to use whatever military force was required to move the Cherokees west. Five regiments of regulars and Biography of Sylvia, four thousand militia and volunteers began pouring into Cherokee country. General Scott addressed the Indians:

Cherokees-the President of the United States has sent me with a powerful army, to cause you, in downsizing obedience to the treaty of 1834, to Plath Essay join mat part of your people who are already established in prosperity on the other side of the Mississippi.. . . The full moon of May is Taking, already on the wane, and before another shall have passed every Cherokee man, woman, and child . .. must be in motion to join their brethren in Biography of Sylvia Plath Essay the far West.. . . Travis In The Essay! My troops already occupy many positions in the country that you are about to abandon, and thousands and thousands are approaching from every quarter, to tender resistance and escape alike hopeless.. .. Chiefs, head men, and warriors-Will you then, by resistance, compel us to Biography of Sylvia resort to arms? God forbid. Or will you, by flight, seek to hide yourselves in mountains and forests, and thus oblige us to hunt you down? Some Cherokees had apparently given up on nonviolence: three chiefs who signed the Removal Treaty were found dead. Should The Bluest Eye By Morrison A Great! But the seventeen thousand Cherokees were soon rounded up and crowded into of Sylvia Plath stockades.

On October 1, 1838, the first detachment set out in what was to be known as the Trail of Tears. As they moved westward, they began to die-of sickness, of drought, of the heat, of exposure. There were 645 wagons, and people marching alongside. Survivors, years later, told of halting at the edge of the Mississippi in the middle of winter, the corporate downsizing, river running full of of Sylvia, ice, hundreds of sick and dying penned up in wagons or stretched upon the ground. Grant Foreman, the leading authority on Indian removal, estimates that during confinement in in the Case Fryberg Essay the stockade or on the march westward four thousand Cherokees died. In December 1838, President Van Buren spoke to Congress:

It affords sincere pleasure to apprise the Congress of the entire removal of the Cherokee Nation of Indians to their new homes west of the Mississippi. The measures authorized by Essay, Congress at its last session have had the happiest effects.